Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the community feel about bigotry?
(03-08-2021, 08:52 PM)A WHOLE NEEEEW NAAAAAME Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:42 PM)Nicol Wrote: As I said in our DMs, I reached out to both staff members and warned them of this. The issue then stopped and has not been repeated in-game or in discord. While distasteful and disrespectful, I did not see it as enough justification for a punishment beyond warning them to stop. Seeing as they listened and dropped it (these screenshots are from last September), I saw no reason for further action.
This screenshot is all that's needed. If you can keep someone community banned based on them being in Nazi groups on Steam and whatnot, as that was a big part of why it was upped from a day ban to a community ban. I see no difference between outwardly holding the belief that trans people being "almost the worst" >>he literally said they are almost the worst thing and whatnot, literally, not as a joke, which means he views some of your players as /some of the worst people<<, and being in nazi groups without context. (Context isn't needed, that's the point.)

Be consistent. You just community banned someone for spreading hatred, could have easily said "don't do it again and you'll be fine" but you didn't. So there isn't consistency here.
1 statement of hate/bigotry 6 months ago is different than 45 messages of hate/bigotry two days ago.
I personally gave the same warning to fish breath the other day. They continued to be a bigot, and thus got community banned.
Raider ceases making such statements.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(03-08-2021, 09:00 PM)Mana Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:52 PM)A WHOLE NEEEEW NAAAAAME Wrote: This screenshot is all that's needed. If you can keep someone community banned based on them being in Nazi groups on Steam and whatnot, as that was a big part of why it was upped from a day ban to a community ban. I see no difference between outwardly holding the belief that trans people being "almost the worst" >>he literally said they are almost the worst thing and whatnot, literally, not as a joke, which means he views some of your players as /some of the worst people<<, and being in nazi groups without context. (Context isn't needed, that's the point.)

Be consistent. You just community banned someone for spreading hatred, could have easily said "don't do it again and you'll be fine" but you didn't. So there isn't consistency here.

I'd like to just to say I believe there is a difference between saying fucked up shit in your friend's home and yelling that shit out in a public place.
Mana to Admins:
(03-08-2021, 09:00 PM)Mana Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:52 PM)A WHOLE NEEEEW NAAAAAME Wrote: This screenshot is all that's needed. If you can keep someone community banned based on them being in Nazi groups on Steam and whatnot, as that was a big part of why it was upped from a day ban to a community ban. I see no difference between outwardly holding the belief that trans people being "almost the worst" >>he literally said they are almost the worst thing and whatnot, literally, not as a joke, which means he views some of your players as /some of the worst people<<, and being in nazi groups without context. (Context isn't needed, that's the point.)

I'd like to just to say I believe there is a difference between saying fucked up shit in your friend's home and yelling that shit out in a public place.
This is more like saying fucked up shit in a school. I'm /not/ the only person completely uncomfortable with those views being represented in the community, as is evident here, some of which are staff and were not happy with it at that time either.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(03-08-2021, 08:34 PM)VERY RARE Wrote: I remember when I was banned for using a bind of someone being demoted but stuff like this happens in the staff chat with no repercussions whatsoever.

edit: Also, as most people have said above, you are allowed to hold whatever view on whatever topic you wish. However, if your view borderlines on a flat out hatred for a specific group of people for being who they want to be and you choose to broadcast that in full view of someone who may be in that group, you don't deserve to represent this community.
Yeah cause harassment is cool.
(03-08-2021, 09:04 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:34 PM)VERY RARE Wrote: I remember when I was banned for using a bind of someone being demoted but stuff like this happens in the staff chat with no repercussions whatsoever.

edit: Also, as most people have said above, you are allowed to hold whatever view on whatever topic you wish. However, if your view borderlines on a flat out hatred for a specific group of people for being who they want to be and you choose to broadcast that in full view of someone who may be in that group, you don't deserve to represent this community.
Yeah cause harassment is cool.
Good job staying on topic.
Locking thread because it's just turning into shitposts and personal attacks. 

Issue was resolved as I mentioned above and any further evidence can be brought to me directly.
[Image: b_560x95.png]