Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosting
Offender's Name: Shadowdragonss

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49350316

Reason to Ban: I asked Shadow if he was still alive during the round, and he !psayed me that he was dead (tab shows that he was still alive).

Proof: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...327B3AE3D/
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
You
(04-19-2017, 03:01 PM)Avi Wrote: Offender's Name: Shadowdragonss

Reason to Ban: I asked Shadow if he was still alive during the round, and he !psayed me that he was dead (tab shows that he was still alive).

I wasn't there, just playing devil's advocate, it does look out-of-context. I can think of a few conversations where that reply would be elicited. Do you have any shots of you asking immediately before it? How can it be proven that he was responding to your question? Where/how did you ask it?

You might want more evidence if you're calling for a permaban. (This is coming from someone who has been themselves, I'd be mad if there was no proof)
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

+1
(04-19-2017, 03:14 PM)ReThink Wrote: You

I wasn't there, just playing devil's advocate, it does look out-of-context. I can think of a few conversations where that reply would be elicited. Do you have any shots of you asking immediately before it? How can it be proven that he was responding to your question? Where/how did you ask it?

You might want more evidence if you're calling for a permaban. (This is coming from someone who has been themselves, I'd be mad if there was no proof)

To answer your questions:
No, I do not have screenshots of asking him if he was alive or not because I had asked over voice chat.  I had asked and he immediately responded in psay that he was "ded."  If you look at the screenshot, he had messaged me as I hit tab, which shows he was still alive.  Hence he gave me information I wouldn't have otherwise known (this server's definition of ghosting).

While I don't necessarily agree that something like this should warrant a permaban (Im not "calling for a permaban") based on the situation, rules are rules and if the staff agree that there is sufficient evidence of ghosting, then he will be permabanned based on staff punishment guidelines.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I say this is minor ghosting which is reducible when asking for a unban. I'd say +1 for a perma ban for minor ghosting, but a definite reduce/ unban once he requests one on forums. Also even if you don't have a screenshot of you asking he still gave out that he was dead when you didn't know that (Response to Rethink).
former admin2
(04-19-2017, 04:03 PM)Avi Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 03:14 PM)ReThink Wrote: You

To answer your questions:
No, I do not have screenshots of asking him if he was alive or not because I had asked over voice chat.  I had asked and he immediately responded in psay that he was "ded."  If you look at the screenshot, he had messaged me as I hit tab, which shows he was still alive.  Hence he gave me information I wouldn't have otherwise known (this server's definition of ghosting).

While I don't necessarily agree that something like this should warrant a permaban (Im not "calling for a permaban") based on the situation, rules are rules and if the staff agree that there is sufficient evidence of ghosting, then he will be permabanned based on staff punishment guidelines.

My point is that it's possible (admittedly not probable ) he was responding to another conversation/question, given that your question isn't there, which means it isn't 100% that he ghosted. That's all.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

@"Shadowdragonss"
Why are you asking him if he is alive? Is he not supposed to respond to someone asking him if he is alive or not? It's almost like you baited him into responding to your question, which is just my opinion, but it seems you enticed him to give a response to your question. @"Shadowdragonss" Should not be permabanned for this.
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
Y'all are dumb. This is textbook ghosting... If he responded even when "baited" then it's his fault for taking the "bait". It doesn't necessarily warrant a permaban for sure, though.
(04-19-2017, 06:54 PM)DoYouLiftBro Wrote: Why are you asking him if he is alive? Is he not supposed to respond to someone asking him if he is alive or not? It's almost like you baited him into responding to your question, which is just my opinion, but it seems you enticed him to give a response to your question.  @"Shadowdragonss"  Should not be permabanned for this.

Have you ever heard of this nifty thing called a "Live Check" or in some cases, a "Live Check or KOS"
Ill dumb it down...
When someone calls a live check/live check or KOS, you need to respond whether by voice or chat. If one does not respond, you can ask, "Hey 'insert name here' are you alive?"
Hell you dont even need to have to do that, you can just call out, "hey 'insert name' you alive or nah".....
What he did is responding to that statement while dead saying he was dead.. which like foxka said, is textbook ghosting....