Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash house Illegal spot problem.
i was told today that the spot behind the fence is considered illigal spot even tho today was the first ive heard about it being illegal for well over a year. Now here is what your guys rules say the illegal spots on crash house are....

mesh of trees, under broken cars, tree house branches, on and under the hill, under the mattress.

now i have no problem if its illegal, what i have a problem with is being told it is and me asking why but not getting a answer beside its out of the map. now i get out of the map is logically illegal on any map, however i argue that the spot is far from out of the map but in the map itself. no one told me why it was considered out of the map even when i asked nicely why it was. the spot is both visible and shootable with basic weapons with those being the shotgun, smg, and pistol. ive been killed in the spot many times over the past near two years as well.

Ive played that map with barton and travis before and they said nothing to me, however its vary possible neither saw me until today, mother nuru is the one that pointed the spot out to me.

now im not angry that the spot is illegal or even considered out of the map, all im asking is maybe if you are going to say something is illegal you should have it more directly listed, list the spot or say what is or is not considered out of the map with the reason why. hell you dont even have to have it explained just put the spot on the illegal spots list.
There's a high probability that Staff did not see you in said spot. We can't monitor every spot all the time as we too enjoy playing the game. 

In reference to your comment of listing the spot, I believe #3 covers that quite well. (Found here)

Illegal Spots Checklist - Even if a spot is not on this list, it may still be illegal if it doesn't pass each of these requirements.
1. Can you be seen by hunters?
You are not allowed to fully hide in textures/meshes, partial is okay. This includes but is not limited to: garbage bags, tree roots, bodies, etc.
2. Can you be killed by any weapon other than a nuke?
3. Did you use unstuck to get out of the map or did you get outside of the map by other means?

Most of the spots listed are there because they've been a frequent problem. 

So for future reference, just look to these 3 requirements in deciding if the spot is illegal IF the spot is not listed. 

Thank you for bringing up this concern.
There are multiple fences on the map so you are going to have to be more specific however I will cover the ones I remember.

Wooden fence is completely in the map, I don't think this is the one you are talking about.

Fence by the house, is illegal to hide behind this as you cannot get back there naturally due to invisible walls.

Fences on road, when you are approaching the train from the house. Fence on left, pretty much entirely all in map. If you got past the crossing train section, you are out of the map. On the right hand side fence if you go past the crossing section you are out of the map. If you go past the fence on the right past the natural bounds you are outside of the map.

The reason why spots that are considered outside the map are not on the illegal spots list is that they are illegal anyways. Just because you are outside the map bounds and killable does not change the fact that you are outside the map. Outside the map, is outside the map there are no special conditions. Also, Nuru is not staff. There is or was a staff member on at the time, you can always confirm with them.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(06-20-2021, 08:42 PM)The Triangle Wrote: There's a high probability that Staff did not see you in said spot. We can't monitor every spot all the time as we too enjoy playing the game. 

In reference to your comment of listing the spot, I believe #3 covers that quite well. (Found here)

Illegal Spots Checklist - Even if a spot is not on this list, it may still be illegal if it doesn't pass each of these requirements.
1. Can you be seen by hunters?
You are not allowed to fully hide in textures/meshes, partial is okay. This includes but is not limited to: garbage bags, tree roots, bodies, etc.
2. Can you be killed by any weapon other than a nuke?
3. Did you use unstuck to get out of the map or did you get outside of the map by other means?

Most of the spots listed are there because they've been a frequent problem. 

So for future reference, just look to these 3 requirements in deciding if the spot is illegal IF the spot is not listed. 

Thank you for bringing up this concern.

1. Check
2. Check
3. Check
Never once did I use the unstuck command to get outside the map nor did I ever climb up or jump over anything to get there, I simply walked my way over there. I never knew this spot was considered out of the map as it seemed I was inside the Map to me. I suppose what others consider out of the map is diffrent to mine, but it never looked to be out to me.

(06-20-2021, 08:58 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: There are multiple fences on the map so you are going to have to be more specific however I will cover the ones I remember.

Wooden fence is completely in the map, I don't think this is the one you are talking about.

Fence by the house, is illegal to hide behind this as you cannot get back there naturally due to invisible walls.

Fences on road, when you are approaching the train from the house. Fence on left, pretty much entirely all in map. If you got past the crossing train section, you are out of the map. On the right hand side fence if you go past the crossing section you are out of the map. If you go past the fence on the right past the natural bounds you are outside of the map.

The reason why spots that are considered outside the map are not on the illegal spots list is that they are illegal anyways. Just because you are outside the map bounds and killable does not change the fact that you are outside the map. Outside the map, is outside the map there are no special conditions. Also, Nuru is not staff. There is or was a staff member on at the time, you can always confirm with them.
Not the fence by the house. Never once did I go past the crossing that you mentioned. The place I'm speaking of is the concrete ledge on the left side going to the train which is indeed in front of the crossing and not past the crossing. I still believe I was 100% in the map as it checks all of triangles list and is none of what you say are spots considered outside the map either.

Onice again it checks all the 3 rules triangle said, and it was a spot that never crossed the crossing section that you mentioned.

I'm aware nuru is not staff, she was the one that pointed it out as illegal and Barton is the one that forced me out of it when I tried to ask them why it was considered out of the map when I simply walked over as a prop.

Again I'm not angry or upset about this, I just think a simple behind the left fence near the train added to the illegal spots menu would have fixed this issue and can easily be added.
(06-20-2021, 09:26 PM)StrenuousSpider Wrote: Not the fence by the house. Never once did I go past the crossing that you mentioned. The place I'm speaking of is the concrete ledge on the left side going to the train which is indeed in front of the crossing and not past the crossing. I still believe I was 100% in the map as it checks all of triangles list and is none of what you say are spots considered outside the map either.

Onice again it checks all the 3 rules triangle said, and it was a spot that never crossed the crossing section that you mentioned.

I'm aware nuru is not staff, she was the one that pointed it out as illegal and Barton is the one that forced me out of it when I tried to ask them why it was considered out of the map when I simply walked over as a prop.

Again I'm not angry or upset about this, I just think a simple behind the left fence near the train added to the illegal spots menu would have fixed this issue and can easily be added.

I didnt point it out actually someone else did and barton asked you to move and the only thing i said was to listen to her if she said move, move. she asked for help and i was a hunter so i had no way to check your spot, youve got names mixed up there. She was handling a lot on the server by herself and could have easily gotten confused but im pretty sure someone else had said you were on the other ledge and thats why we all thought it was out of map.
(06-20-2021, 10:08 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 09:26 PM)StrenuousSpider Wrote: Not the fence by the house. Never once did I go past the crossing that you mentioned. The place I'm speaking of is the concrete ledge on the left side going to the train which is indeed in front of the crossing and not past the crossing. I still believe I was 100% in the map as it checks all of triangles list and is none of what you say are spots considered outside the map either.

I didnt point it out actually someone else did and barton asked you to move and the only thing i said was to listen to her if she said move, move. she asked for help and i was a hunter so i had no way to check your spot, youve got names mixed up there. She was handling a lot on the server by herself and could have easily gotten confused but im pretty sure someone else had said you were on the other ledge and thats why we all thought it was out of map.
If I got names mixed I'm sorry, and yah I understand she was dealing with a lot people like that tend to come ever so often. Anyway I assume you know the spot im talking about then. I was on the ledge near the water for more clarification. And I know many were actually getting out of the map and claiming many were cheating, mork mork was even accused by this player's when he was in the trees. The same people that were actually going out and accusing mork mork were the ones that said I was. The whole situation had me confused because I've been hiding in that spot with absolutely no problems from anyone for nearly 2 years now both mods and regulars saying nothing, so being accused of wrong doing was a bit shocking. Like I mentioned and idk what he did to get banned but it was a spot I originally saw Abdel do and he was around even longer then I have especially at the time.

Anyway if y'all decide the spot is not legal I'll role with it no problems, but if it turns out my spot is completely legal then I would love to keep hiding in my stolen spot lol. Maybe if I catch one of y'all on tomorrow or another time and we get the crash map I'll show you the exact spot im talking about.

So yes on the left side of the left fence facing the water near the train, in front not behind the crossing signs on the ledge. No surfing required, no bug exploits, visible, shootable(with basic 3 weapons), no mesh, ect...  

Until this is deemed legal or not I'll not hide in the spot.
Sounds like this might be easily resolved if someone just sent me a screenshot of the spot.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(06-20-2021, 10:42 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Sounds like this might be easily resolved if someone just sent me a screenshot of the spot.

If you don't mind, I can try to get it to you sometime tomorrow.
[Image: Screenshot_20210621-001230_Chrome.jpg]

If that's the ledge you're referring to, then you're fine. It's easy to become a small prop on that ledge and walk to the corner.  
It's also exceptionally easy to spot a prop in said spot too.
It sounds like this might have been a misunderstanding. Checking peoples spots can be difficult and sometimes gets confusing, especially if there’s a lot of other things going on with the server. Hopefully next time you are on the server with a staff member you can get someone to check it for you but it sounds like it was a misunderstanding of where you actually were. It’s hard to describe it over a forum message so one of us seeing it would be the best thing. We change and add to the list all the time as spots are found and/or abused. 

Thanks for bringing it up though, we want to know what’s going on server side. :)
[Image: unknown.jpg]