Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More ranks?
So as a long time member of the community and someone who has put way too many hours into it I was wondering what other people’s opinion on adding more timed ranks is? I understand this would probably be a hassle just from the amount of data there already is for the server and the problems we have had with the addon that tracks playtime but I feel like it would be cool to see new ranks. Players who get to 100 hours don’t have anything else to look foreword to in the way of ranks unless they buy donor or get staff, what if there were ranks for different hour increments.

Just rambling, would like to know others opinions on it as I’ve heard it mentioned once before while in game.
It'd be awesome to see more timed ranks as far as something to work towards goes. New scoreboard colors could be fun to look at.
I had a similar idea to this last year where I recommended a rank that players could apply for which gave them the powers of donor without having to buy it.

Link: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11332

I'm still of course open to this idea because it eliminates the exclusivity of having to become staff/buy donor to use fun commands like !queue and such. Rules for applying/obtaining this would need to be fleshed out but, this was my thought back then.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
*looks into my hours on the server*. I’m actually suprised that I spent this much time on this server.  Anyway another time rank could be nice but we will probably have to think of a name for it. Nothing comes to mind at the moment though.
Make me the CEO of Dinkleberg
I was thinking of also just adding some wacky name ones or just ones based on how long you’ve played on the server and just start scaling it, one at 200, 400, so on
Adding Timed ranks is really easy, I just added 5 new ranks to DR a few days ago. These timed ranks only show up in the upper corner and not on scoreboard. [Image: unknown.png]

From what I've found thus far pertaining to getting the new ranks on the scoreboard, you have to write the code for it and do even more code if you want perks with each following rank. You may also need Dinks cooperation for having the scoreboard ranks added, and the ranks may have to be across each server... Not 100% on that part as I saw coding and went "nope...". 

I edited the normal ranks of "Newbie, Member, and Master" to something different for the fun of it. Here's some of the ranks/times I added/changed, again these are only upper corner things but gives you an idea of what is quick and easy. 

[Image: unknown.png]
Will these names stay? Maybe. The blotted out ones are as such because they will probably change again. 

Best of Luck TTT! I'll now leave you to your things.
If we can get dink to put them on the scoreboard, its well needed
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
would it be possible to just code extra ranks for people who reach a certain amount of wins? since no one is getting more than 100 wins without reaching regular I think it'd be cool to see a rank like "no life" when you reach 500 wins or "seasoned player" at 200 wins or just something simple like that.
(08-02-2021, 04:43 AM)ratty Wrote: would it be possible to just code extra ranks for people who reach a certain amount of wins? since no one is getting more than 100 wins without reaching regular I think it'd be cool to see a rank like "no life" when you reach 500 wins or "seasoned player" at 200 wins or just something simple like that.
-1 Id like to not be ranked newbie pls
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks