Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Nominations (Again..)
Previous thread - https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15081

Anyways the points made last time were, it wouldn't be added to PH because exploits exist on DR where you can nominate non DR maps. My response was can we fix it, and make it non exploitable? Which got agreement from others.

I am posting this here again because map nominations would be a great addition to the server, as long as it can be added of course without problems as seen as deathrun.

I am also posting this again because the last thread was locked probably due to lack of posting. So here we are again.

Please share your thoughts accordingly, as well as read the previous thread before commenting so you don't repeat something accidentally  :)
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
Why is this just being re-created? If people aren't commenting then it's a dead topic. Just let it the thread die instead of re-creating the post. This just seems like you're necroing.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(12-12-2021, 03:43 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: Why is this just being re-created? If people aren't commenting then it's a dead topic. Just let it the thread die instead of re-creating the post. This just seems like you're necroing.

I don't see a real reason to not talk about something that shouldn't have been locked in the first place, also it has been almost 3 months since then, so getting some more people to talk about it would be nice.
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
Besides the exploit, the map vote gets annoying. If you think the current map voting at the end is bad, just wait till you play the same map 6 times in a row because just enough people find it funny... or play the same 3 maps for over 3 hours... 

YES, I'm sure there's a way to modify the map vote so you can't vote the map more than 2 times consecutively. 

Yes, this would then negate my statement. 

No, I do not believe the map vote will change to what DR has (or similar to it). 

No, I don't think it's necessary to change the current map vote. 

No, I do not believe that Dink will change the current map vote as it takes a large amount of time to make little changes such as: Adding Player models, Adding Maps, changing in game text that appears frequently, etc.
(12-12-2021, 08:54 PM)The Triangle Wrote: Besides the exploit, the map vote gets annoying. If you think the current map voting at the end is bad, just wait till you play the same map 6 times in a row because just enough people find it funny... or play the same 3 maps for over 3 hours... 

YES, I'm sure there's a way to modify the map vote so you can't vote the map more than 2 times consecutively. 

Yes, this would then negate my statement. 

No, I do not believe the map vote will change to what DR has (or similar to it). 

No, I don't think it's necessary to change the current map vote. 

No, I do not believe that Dink will change the current map vote as it takes a large amount of time to make little changes such as: Adding Player models, Adding Maps, changing in game text that appears frequently, etc.
Well this basically concludes every possible outcome of having it added.
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
(12-12-2021, 03:43 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: Why is this just being re-created? If people aren't commenting then it's a dead topic. Just let it the thread die instead of re-creating the post. This just seems like you're necroing.

because the conclusion (if you can call it that) last time SUCKEDD it was literally "our server is broken so the addon doesn't work"

nazu is clearly passionate about adding new and cool features, enough to follow up on his own thread several times (because the feedback was lame excuses) and even making a new thread asking the same thing months later (again because the feedback was lame).. do you know how many times hes asked me about the map vote reopener since I made that one comment? It's a lot.. which is pretty good dedication to make the servers better

What Triangle said is spot on, but these problems could be fixed by searching for a really good map nomination addon, preferably one integrated in our mapvote so the cooldown would work properly. What I said in the previous thread about TF2 being mounted is true, but any modern map-anything addon should allow you to pick map prefixes instead of literally showing you every map... the same configuration is possible with most mapvotes, even the extremely simple fretta mapvote... so I think whatever addon DR had was garbage.