Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc
Discord Name: Salty

Discord ID: saltychapdaddy#0417

When First Joined (Estimate): May 2020

What is your age: 21
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Helper!

What can you do to help the Discord community: As someone who has been on both sides of the spectrum in this community in the context of having no regard for them to being extremely by the book and a stickler about rules, I can say that I have a very strong understanding of what a “happy medium” is and I know when it is time to intervene or not. Also, it’s been a while since I’ve worked as a staff member in this community (well over a year), so in that time I’ve refined and truly improved my teamwork skills as an individual, so rather than trying to do everything myself and complaining about “dead weight”, I can cooperate with a team and be successful.

Why you want to help the Discord community: Well, to be honest, the discord brings me great entertainment, and I don’t want people to feel as if they aren’t welcomed there. This isn’t a problem at all currently, but if it were to become one, I would want to be in a position that is capable to do something about it quickly and efficiently.

Other: 

Now it's time to address something that would possibly be a blocker from me being able to be a part of this team: my strike and ban history. I'll go ahead and do this so that way Jammin doesn't have to spend any time looking it up AND so anyone who is looking at this thread can look at it.

I have received 10 punishments, with two being bans and one a kick, while being in this Discord, with the most recent punish being administered on June 26th, 2021.

Here's a comprehensive list of what my strikes/bans have been, in case you're curious.

-unnecessary trolling in #PH (don't remember what happened here) 6th strike so this amounts to a temp ban now. Further trouble will result in a permanent ban- June 26th, 2021.
-Harassment (I believe against Lemon)- June 23rd, 2021- softban administered 
-Inappropriate message about situation with minor (I think a joke about ThePhoenix?)- June 23rd, 2021
-Making jokes of a pedophilic nature in #ph (definitely about a PH staff member that got community banned)- June 15th, 2021- 3rd strike reached, muted.  
-false on-call ping, rip- June 6th, 2021
-Permabanned for leaking staff chat into the general discord. You may appeal on the forums. I appealed (link here)- April 30th, 2021.
-Slur- December 6th, 2020.
-Kicked (I don't remember what this was for, maybe a joke?)- December 5th, 2020. 

First off, this is an absolute nightmare of a history, so if it bars me from being able to join the team, I understand completely; however, I want to say that I stopped any and all of my malicious antics in general. Yes, I still joke around. I've always been a jovial person, and I find myself miserable when I try to change that about myself (the first staff tenure is an example of that). 

The way I handled my unban request for the discord was... hotheaded, to put it lightly. In case you don't know the context, I was banned for showing an image that was a message sent by a community wide ban staff member that was actually being discussed between myself and a TTT mod at that time. The reason why I didn't consider it leaking and appealed the ban was because the image was sent 8 months after the message was initially sent in the staff discord and that particular member was community banned; I did not do this out of malicious intent, as that staff member and I were discussing how it was funny that was a reason someone came up with why a certain individual shouldn't be unbanned. 

I respect the reason why I was banned and with hindsight, I wish I had handled that in a calmer manner; I also will not try and defend any of the other actions, as I clearly had no regard for the rules, especially in June, where I got HALF of my administered punishments; I just hope that I have shown in the past half year in the community that I am not that toxic individual I once was. People I once had problems with I now can chill and have a good time with.  

If there are any criticisms or questions you might have for me, please do not refrain from stating them. Just like with my discord unban, I am going to try and wait a while before I respond to anyone. 

Thank you all for your time. I am looking forward to seeing the responses, regardless of if they're in support or against me.

Messages In This Thread
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-09-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by dong - 01-09-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by HONG - 01-09-2022, 06:58 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 04:35 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 07:54 PM