Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making ttt_space_station great again
"Gee bill, TWO map threads?"

Hello, us at Stinkleberg Inc are working on making space station not shit so rippe will add it back to the map pool

Problems with it include:
  • Terrible balancing
  • All doors are unlocked at the start due to dumb default ttt settings
  • Escapable via grapplehook exploit
  • Not a single Easy Street easter egg

If you know of any other issues, or have some suggestions on how to make it more TTT oriented (t traps, t rooms, secret knife/weapons) feel free to leave some replies! pls 
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]
  • Map is expold-able by shooting the generator.
  • The x-wing is broken.
  • you can die in the easter egg in many stupid ways.
  • rounds took the full amount of time via the pods speed.
former admin2
And he's gonna fix them.
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
Spacestation was such a good map

And now it'll be better

Also removing the places in the map that randomly fucking explode even without breaking the generator would be nice
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
Small update, all the doors are now unable to be opened just by crowbar, so you actually have to do the objective if you want on the escape pods

Also have fixed the exploit where you can use grapple to escape the map to behind the x-wing carrier

Looking for suggestions on how to repurpose the way the generator works.
Back on cs:s, you were intended to get the code, enter it into the door outside the generator, and after destroying the generator the entire map will explode in about a minute requiring you to get on the escape pods.

In TTT, because the TTT settings default to allowing doors to be crowbar'd open, you could literally just open the generator, shoot it, and hop on the pod, leaving everyone else to die with no consequences.

Right now the idea is probably going to be to remove the entire map exploding bit for balancing purposes.
Any ideas are appreciated.

ps: It is unfortunately unlikely the x-wing will work on gmod due to the fact that a css:s vehicle entity does not behave like an HL2 (gmod) vehicle.
Any ideas on how to repurpose either it or the room itself is also appreciated.
(05-07-2017, 04:45 AM)An Ol Wrote: Small update, all the doors are now unable to be opened just by crowbar, so you actually have to do the objective if you want on the escape pods

Also have fixed the exploit where you can use grapple to escape the map to behind the x-wing carrier

Back on cs:s, you were intended to get the code, enter it into the door outside the generator, and after destroying the generator the entire map will explode in about a minute requiring you to get on the escape pods.

In TTT, because the TTT settings default to allowing doors to be crowbar'd open, you could literally just open the generator, shoot it, and hop on the pod, leaving everyone else to die with no consequences.

Right now the idea is probably going to be to remove the entire map exploding bit for balancing purposes.

ps: It is unfortunately unlikely the x-wing will work on gmod due to the fact that a css:s vehicle entity does not behave like an HL2 (gmod) vehicle.

You realize you can disable the crowbar activation gamerule in hammer, right?

I've never played on this map before, but that doesn't sound like too bad of a fix

Or we can just use the space station map I made that's in my signature ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(05-07-2017, 07:59 AM)ReThink Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 04:45 AM)An Ol Wrote: Small update, all the doors are now unable to be opened just by crowbar, so you actually have to do the objective if you want on the escape pods

I've never played on this map before, but that doesn't sound like too bad of a fix

Or we can just use the space station map I made that's in my signature ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

Could have explained myself better, but yeah. its the first thing i did, tbh.
(05-07-2017, 08:36 AM)An Ol Spicy Keychain Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 07:59 AM)ReThink Wrote:

Could have explained myself better, but yeah. its the first thing i did, tbh.

Also If i recall correctly, setting the "toggle" flag on doors allows them to be toggled with crowbars regardless of the rule override. An easy way to fix that would be to rework doors to auto-close (press/reset instead of toggle) or set them to detect players nearby and open, just for blocking line of sight.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

The space station self-destructing after destroying the generator isn't a bug, it's part of the map and the main purpose of it. I don't know why the basis of the map is being removed. The map itself just takes a long time because of the way it's designed with escape pods.
What... Nothing was wrong with the original spacestation. BRING IT BACK
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.