Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking about a dumb slay
(05-09-2017, 04:14 PM)Amethyst Rockstar Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 04:11 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 03:06 PM)Player ID Error Wrote: This is unfortunately what is considered (loosely, or firmly) meta gaming.
Gathering information from deduction, assumption, or any otherwise means that is not firm and unchallenged (such as witnessing the kill or dna, for two main examples).
It is something that is not allowed on this particular server. As well most others for that matter from what I can tell.

Also; curious about this mine-craft trick. How ever i'm not sure we should disclose that information openly for people to understand and abuse. Probably discuss it with a higher staff in private such as @Mr_Rippe , @DaKody , or @"Mr Turner". Probably specifically Rippe since he is part of the Dev team.

That's not even close to what metagaming is, kiddo. He was using in-game (and intended) features to make his decision (death timer on body, killwep, logic), which was merely against server rules (which warranted a slay), but was NOT metagaming.

It's good to see someone gets it, at least. I've been off TTT for about 3 years and it's really disheartening to see that you apparently can't even play the game the way it was intended anymore.

Logic on this server is allowed per se, but in reality if you get reported for a kill and you give a long-winded explanation where you kept track of every shred of evidence, you're just going to get slain because people don't care enough to read through it and double check your logic, it's easier to say "They didn't do anything explicitly traitorous, so you RDM'd". Which is a bit sad IMO, because I like using deduction and logic as well.

I must say though your logic had a hole, which was that he just could have been nearby with a matching wep, and the real killer just went by unnoticed, which is possible, and apparently probable, based on what happened. That's why the no KOS on matching wep rule exists.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

The problem I have with KOS off weapon is much like a player model or text hat, it can be changed quickly and easily. Weapon especially.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
This kill is only valid in overtime.
Basing a kill on a weapon is only suspicious.

This is not metagaming.

Since multiple people can have the same weapon you cannot with 100% certainty know that he did it.
Prior to overtime you need to be 100% sure by either witnessing the complete traitorish act in full, having DNA, or following someone else's KOS direction.
(05-09-2017, 05:54 PM)A Fish Wrote: This kill is only valid in overtime.

This is not metagaming.

Since multiple people can have the same weapon you cannot with 100% certainty know that he did it.
Prior to overtime you need to be 100% sure by either witnessing the complete traitorish act in full, having DNA, or following someone else's KOS direction.

It wasn't based solely on the weapon though. Based on how the map is built, the guy I shot had to either be the killer or have witnessed the firefight and let the killer walk past him which is traitorous.
(05-09-2017, 06:36 PM)Amethyst Rockstar Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 05:54 PM)A Fish Wrote: This kill is only valid in overtime.

This is not metagaming.

It wasn't based solely on the weapon though. Based on how the map is built, the guy I shot had to either be the killer or have witnessed the firefight and let the killer walk past him which is traitorous.

That's only suspicious. It would be a valid overtime KOS.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
With all opinions aside. Are you questioning the server rules. Because if you are say so. Either way @Avi is not to blame because she followed the MOTD.

By the Motd it would only be sus.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
This also sounds like you did a Kos based on location, which is another big no.
Some sound logic here, sadly this server eerrs on the side of caution and in wants mor sound evidence then what you deduced in your head.

To be honest though he had a shotgun he should be killed on sight.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
"Kiddo" sorry i'm 25 are you even out of highschool?

(05-09-2017, 04:11 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 03:06 PM)Player ID Error Wrote: This is unfortunately what is considered (loosely, or firmly) meta gaming.
Gathering information from deduction, assumption, or any otherwise means that is not firm and unchallenged (such as witnessing the kill or dna, for two main examples).
It is something that is not allowed on this particular server. As well most others for that matter from what I can tell.

Also; curious about this mine-craft trick. How ever i'm not sure we should disclose that information openly for people to understand and abuse. Probably discuss it with a higher staff in private such as @Mr_Rippe , @DaKody , or @"Mr Turner". Probably specifically Rippe since he is part of the Dev team.

That's not even close to what metagaming is, kiddo. He was using in-game (and intended) features to make his decision (death timer on body, killwep, logic), which was merely against server rules (which warranted a slay), but was NOT metagaming.

EDIT: Examples of metagaming are, but are not limited to: KOSing off of skin, ghosting, targeting based off of (alleged) top traitor rewards, and claiming people stop to "access the T menu"
Way to be a shining example of what's wrong this this server :]. Some one got some terminology wrong. Better insult them.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
(05-11-2017, 10:21 AM)Player ID Error Wrote: "Kiddo" sorry i'm 25 are you even out of highschool?

[Image: e5c.jpg]