Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking about a dumb slay
(05-11-2017, 10:21 AM)Player ID Error Wrote: "Kiddo" sorry i'm 25 are you even out of highschool?

(05-09-2017, 04:11 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 03:06 PM)Player ID Error Wrote: This is unfortunately what is considered (loosely, or firmly) meta gaming.
Gathering information from deduction, assumption, or any otherwise means that is not firm and unchallenged (such as witnessing the kill or dna, for two main examples).
It is something that is not allowed on this particular server. As well most others for that matter from what I can tell.

Also; curious about this mine-craft trick. How ever i'm not sure we should disclose that information openly for people to understand and abuse. Probably discuss it with a higher staff in private such as @Mr_Rippe , @DaKody , or @"Mr Turner". Probably specifically Rippe since he is part of the Dev team.

That's not even close to what metagaming is, kiddo. He was using in-game (and intended) features to make his decision (death timer on body, killwep, logic), which was merely against server rules (which warranted a slay), but was NOT metagaming.

EDIT: Examples of metagaming are, but are not limited to: KOSing off of skin, ghosting, targeting based off of (alleged) top traitor rewards, and claiming people stop to "access the T menu"
Way to be a shining example of what's wrong this this server :]. Some one got some terminology wrong. Better insult them.

[Image: ohDKCIO.jpg]

When you think 'kiddo' is an insult and it activates "muh triggurs". lol
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(05-09-2017, 02:53 PM)Amethyst Rockstar Wrote: Hi everyone. I've been playing on this server for a few days and have mostly enjoyed my time here but I wanted to talk about something that happened about 20 minutes ago. This isn't in the staff abuse subforum because it wasn't abuse and it was just a slay, but I want to talk about why I was slayed and why it's stupid.

(Sorry, I don't know how to embed images)

If you're familiar with the newer WhiteHouse map in the rotation you'll know about this area that leads to the upstairs: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...62073EB96/

I was standing a little ways away from that area when I heard several shotgun blasts. As I came into the hallway I saw a body on the stairs. I quickly checked in the security room to make sure no one was hiding, before I id'd the body which had been killed 9 seconds ago with a shotgun. This meant that the murderer could not have run past me, had a shotgun as their primary, and was upstairs. When I ran upstairs I saw a player named Cobalt standing there with a shotgun over a body that may have or may not have been id'ed, I don't remember. So at this point I was sure that Cobalt was either the killer of the guy on the stairs or had witnessed the firefight and let the murderer run past him without calling him out or shooting at him. So I killed Cobalt, who was a traitor, and was immediately killed by someone named Foxtrot, who was also a traitor and the actual killer of the guy on the stairs.

I was reported by Cobalt and slayed by Avi for RDM. I don't think I RDM'ed. I think I shot him in the original spirit of TTT, which, back when it began, was a game about thinking and deduction under pressure. I don't think it's in the spirit of TTT to slay me for doing that and I look forward to a discussion about this. I wonder how the staff feels about the easy traitor trick on minecraft_b5, which I can go into more detail about if anyone wants it.

It is metagaming by the servers rules, and most others, but I understand your point. Unfortunately for a lot of people, you're not allowed to use basic logic in this game. It's not entirely something that makes sense to me, but it is there for a reason. The only time metagaming is allowed here is when there are only two people on the server, because there is no other option at that specific point in time. Besides that, you need hard evidence.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
(05-11-2017, 05:28 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 02:53 PM)Amethyst Rockstar Wrote: Hi everyone. I've been playing on this server for a few days and have mostly enjoyed my time here but I wanted to talk about something that happened about 20 minutes ago. This isn't in the staff abuse subforum because it wasn't abuse and it was just a slay, but I want to talk about why I was slayed and why it's stupid.

If you're familiar with the newer WhiteHouse map in the rotation you'll know about this area that leads to the upstairs: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...62073EB96/

I was standing a little ways away from that area when I heard several shotgun blasts. As I came into the hallway I saw a body on the stairs. I quickly checked in the security room to make sure no one was hiding, before I id'd the body which had been killed 9 seconds ago with a shotgun. This meant that the murderer could not have run past me, had a shotgun as their primary, and was upstairs. When I ran upstairs I saw a player named Cobalt standing there with a shotgun over a body that may have or may not have been id'ed, I don't remember. So at this point I was sure that Cobalt was either the killer of the guy on the stairs or had witnessed the firefight and let the murderer run past him without calling him out or shooting at him. So I killed Cobalt, who was a traitor, and was immediately killed by someone named Foxtrot, who was also a traitor and the actual killer of the guy on the stairs.

I was reported by Cobalt and slayed by Avi for RDM. I don't think I RDM'ed. I think I shot him in the original spirit of TTT, which, back when it began, was a game about thinking and deduction under pressure. I don't think it's in the spirit of TTT to slay me for doing that and I look forward to a discussion about this. I wonder how the staff feels about the easy traitor trick on minecraft_b5, which I can go into more detail about if anyone wants it.

It is metagaming by the servers rules, and most others, but I understand your point. Unfortunately for a lot of people, you're not allowed to use basic logic in this game. It's not entirely something that makes sense to me, but it is there for a reason. The only time metagaming is allowed here is when there are only two people on the server, because there is no other option at that specific point in time. Besides that, you need hard evidence.

That's incorrect, you can deduce the number of traitors at any time, not just with 2 people. You just have to be absolutely certain, for example if there are four people left, there were 16 people to start, and only 1 traitor died, it is safe to assume you are the only inno left since the traitor ratio is 1:4, and one is already dead, leaving just 3 traitors, you, and anyone else. Since there are only four, the others are all T's.
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

(05-11-2017, 06:24 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 05:28 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:

That's incorrect, you can deduce the number of traitors at any time, not just with 2 people. You just have to be absolutely certain, for example if there are four people left, there were 16 people to start, and only 1 traitor died, it is safe to assume you are the only inno left since the traitor ratio is 1:4, and one is already dead, leaving just 3 traitors, you, and anyone else. Since there are only four, the others are all T's.

I've been told otherwise before, but that may have been wrong then.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
(05-11-2017, 06:30 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 06:24 PM)ReThink Wrote:

I've been told otherwise before, but that may have been wrong then.

I just took it verbatim from the rules.

Taken from rule 5;
"An exception to the metagaming rule is that you may use the number of remaining living players to deduce the number of living traitors, but only once the game has reached a point where there are so few traitors or players remaining that you cannot be wrong."
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

@ReThink is right on this one...
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
I can understand the frustrations involved with not being able to kill someone off of using logic/deduction skills (darn us Sherlocke Holmes types). Even I sometimes use deduction or logic to mark a T and susp or KOS them (the KOS being in OT unless I jump the gun) based on incidents they were around. However, I can see why the server has those rules such as "No KOS off of skins/weapons/location" because they are easy to change and players tend to stretch the limit of logic/deduction before it turns into blatant RDM. A good example of this is if there are 25 people alive, 11 are using the silenced sniper (one of them's a T), the T kills someone, and someone says susp/KOS anyone with the silenced sniper because this man was killed with one, then that person just put susp/kos on 11 people not to mention the T could easily discard the weapon and get a different one.
^
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]

How is it "metagaming" to use options provided to me by the game to deduce a traitor?

(05-11-2017, 08:14 PM)HiddenBlade Wrote: I can understand the frustrations involved with not being able to kill someone off of using logic/deduction skills (darn us Sherlocke Holmes types). Even I sometimes use deduction or logic to mark a T and susp or KOS them (the KOS being in OT unless I jump the gun) based on incidents they were around. However, I can see why the server has those rules such as "No KOS off of skins/weapons/location" because they are easy to change and players tend to stretch the limit of logic/deduction before it turns into blatant RDM. A good example of this is if there are 25 people alive, 11 are using the silenced sniper (one of them's a T), the T kills someone, and someone says susp/KOS anyone with the silenced sniper because this man was killed with one, then that person just put susp/kos on 11 people not to mention the T could easily discard the weapon and get a different one.

It seems like the only way people are rebutting this is by pulling hypothetical situations out of their ass that don't even apply. It's not like he got killed from a mile away 3 minutes ago, and someone is running round with the same gun. He was killed less than 10 seconds before and no one had run past me. Ergo, the guy standing in the hallway either killed him or let it happen and didn't call him out or shoot, which is traitorous.
(05-12-2017, 01:27 AM)Amethyst Rockstar Wrote:

How is it "metagaming" to use options provided to me by the game to deduce a traitor?

(05-11-2017, 08:14 PM)HiddenBlade Wrote: I can understand the frustrations involved with not being able to kill someone off of using logic/deduction skills (darn us Sherlocke Holmes types). Even I sometimes use deduction or logic to mark a T and susp or KOS them (the KOS being in OT unless I jump the gun) based on incidents they were around. However, I can see why the server has those rules such as "No KOS off of skins/weapons/location" because they are easy to change and players tend to stretch the limit of logic/deduction before it turns into blatant RDM. A good example of this is if there are 25 people alive, 11 are using the silenced sniper (one of them's a T), the T kills someone, and someone says susp/KOS anyone with the silenced sniper because this man was killed with one, then that person just put susp/kos on 11 people not to mention the T could easily discard the weapon and get a different one.

It seems like the only way people are rebutting this is by pulling hypothetical situations out of their ass that don't even apply. It's not like he got killed from a mile away 3 minutes ago, and someone is running round with the same gun. He was killed less than 10 seconds before and no one had run past me. Ergo, the guy standing in the hallway either killed him or let it happen and didn't call him out or shoot, which is traitorous.

Here's the deal. At this point you are arguing with staff. let @Mr_Rippe talk to you.