Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6-1-22
Discord Name: Salty

Discord ID: saltychapdaddy#0417

When First Joined (Estimate): May 2020

What is your age: 22
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Helper

What can you do to help the Discord community: I can help make the server be a more inclusive environment and fun for everyone while also maintaining stability and order; this is something that is incredibly important to me because I enjoy being in this community and want everyone to feel welcome here!

Why you want to help the Discord community: Like I said on my TTT app, I always have viewed the way staffing is approached very similarly to classroom management. Working with a team is something I absolutely love to do and getting another opportunity to do this would be awesome. Also, considering that we are planning to do some revamping of the discord's rules, I want to be right in the midst of being able to help improve the quality of the discord server. 

Other:
I know that I said I was going to wait until June 26th on my last app, but I feel that there has been enough time in between the applications to show the growth and serious interest I have in the position. 

Plus, that was before Jammin did this and said this (at the bottom of the thread) inspired me to make it early as I understand that having 6 people moderate a 5500 member discord seamlessly is asinine; you're having an average of roughly 917 players per staff member. I think having another set of eyes will go a long way in terms of helping improve the overall quality of the server.

If you have any feedback/critique/questions, please feel free to ask either publicly on the thread or privately via DM. I look forward to seeing what you all have to say.
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Salty
I'm not going to +1 or -1 but I do have a few questions if you don't mind. 

• What would you do if someone publicly accused you of targeting them or abusing your position when you knew you weren't doing so?
  • What would you do if someone DMed you demanding an explanation for why their friend received a strike or punishment from you?
  • What would you do if several members started flaming you on the server?
(06-01-2022, 07:01 AM)Reina Wrote: I'm not going to +1 or -1 but I do have a few questions if you don't mind. 

• What would you do if someone publicly accused you of targeting them or abusing your position when you knew you weren't doing so?
  • What would you do if someone DMed you demanding an explanation for why their friend received a strike or punishment from you?
  • What would you do if several members started flaming you on the server?

Sure!

1. I would aim to settle the dispute as professionally as possible; to me, that would be listening to what they have to say so I can understand why they feel that way, and then try and reconcile to meet some sort of agreement on the matter. If that doesn't work, I would ask for another staff member's input, as sometimes an outside perspective helps out a lot. If this doesn't work, then I would suggest that the person who feels targeted should make an abuse thread on me and that would be up to the community. My perspective on the situation might be flawed, so I wouldn't want to just assume I did everything right. 

2. I would do my best to give that individual a thorough explanation for the reason I made the decision to administer a strike/punishment; if they do not feel what I said is reasonable, I would suggest them to encourage their friend to appeal the strike.

3.  This is a tough one because the flaming could be for various reasons. The obvious answer is I would not try and escalate the situation by getting angry. In terms of what I would do about it, I'd probably just either distance myself from the conversation or get another staff member involved to dissolve it. I also wouldn't want to escalate the situation by handing out warns like free samples at a mall because that would just be bad staffing. 

I don't know if these satisfy what you were looking for, but here are my answers!
I honestly feel you can still be a troll at times but it's off and on, I also haven't paid much attention, but I haven't really seen you really do anything towards wanting to be discord staff.

Thats just me though, like i do get you can't do a whole lot, but i think try to help out a bit more in actions that shows you want to be a helper, and that you are capable of helping, if that makes sense. Constantly keeping up with things and maybe already staffing in a way without over stepping the discord staff, and if Needed, ping us more, I understand stand that we are also limited to the staff team here and really we all cant keep up with everything and everyone but yea no I hope that all makes sense.

One of my concerns and alot here may have this issue, which is you recently and in the past have made posts regarding how the discord staff team handles things regarding the rules/ and or issuing punishment ect... in a negative way, how will you act and treat it if we end up accepting you? We don't want to have a team member who's going around complaining and or giving us slack behind our backs or what not, we want a good and trustworthy member. And In no way I am trying to be rude or anything of the sorts I'm just being honest.

For now I'm holding my vote, best of luck.
[Image: titan.gif]
short response: you guys say you need staff and he has shown that he cares, easy +1

longer response: I don't think necessarily salty is entitled to do the job for you guys just as a normal citizen, especially with the pings and stuff. He has shown he cares through his forum posts and plethora of comments about discord staffing styles and consistency. If he didn't care about it, he wouldn't mention it. I don't think there's any issue with salty mentioning the faults in the discord staff team, surely the faults exist on both sides, the team and the people creating the problems as well. I don't think anything salty has said shows him to be untrustworthy or complaining, I think in fact it shows the opposite, that he will work hard to fix the issues he sees within or at least try.
I feel like Salty is quickly trying to overtake Dinks by becoming staff in as many positions as they can :O

Jk

I don't participate much in discord, (I do a lil lurking) but I think salty would do well. and like Voidzz said, y'all need the staff. As long as there aren't any major concerns, why not?

IDK if my opinion counts but I give it a +1
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(06-01-2022, 09:40 AM)Titan17 Wrote: I honestly feel you can still be a troll at times but it's off and on, I also haven't paid much attention, but I haven't really seen you really do anything towards wanting to be discord staff.

Thats just me though, like i do get you can't do a whole lot,  but i think try to help out a bit more in actions that shows you want to be a helper, and that you are capable of helping,  if that makes sense. Constantly keeping up with things and maybe already staffing in a way without over stepping the discord staff, and if Needed, ping us more, I understand stand that we are also limited to the staff team here and really we all cant keep up with everything and everyone but yea no I hope that all makes sense.

One of my concerns and alot here may have this issue, which is you recently and in the past have made posts regarding how the discord staff team handles things regarding the rules/ and or issuing punishment  ect... in a negative way, how will you act and treat it if we end up accepting you? We don't want to have a team member who's going around complaining and or giving us slack behind our backs or what not, we want a good and trustworthy member. And In no way I am trying to be rude or anything of the sorts I'm just being honest.

For now I'm holding my vote, best of luck.

Once again, I do really appreciate your honesty Titan as it means a lot. 

I'm going to address this with bullet points for ease of reading:
  • I understand that I am completely jovial at times, and I can easily see how that could be perceived as being a troll. However, I think that there is a big difference between being a troll and acting jovial, considering that typically the things that I have done to troll in this community are nothing short of malicious acts that are designated to have fun at someone's expense. 
  • If you could provide examples of what you're talking about, I'd appreciate it. The only thing I can think of that could be considered trolling that I've done recently is I go along with the little bits that Murph does once in a while. If you're thinking of something differently, I'd love to know. Yeah, I think sometime in April I made a joke about being on an alt account in PH that was deleted but the might be the most "trollish" comment I've made since my previous application in January. Please correct me if I'm mistaken about this. 
  • I have shown actions at times that I do want to help; there was an incident the other day when someone was complaining about a player queuing obnoxiously loud songs and I steered that individual to the right place for that kind of complaint, which would be the forums. There were a couple of times I saw a serious (or what seems to be serious) argument break out, and I tried to dissolve the situation positively. There isn't a whole lot of this that happened because as you said, the discord is relatively calm 95% of the time. 
  • The posts I've made about discord/discord staff (at least the most recent one, I cannot speak for anything prior to 2022), had no intention of being negative. One of my biggest weaknesses is that I tell it how I see it, and I don't sugarcoat. I apologize for my post coming across as being negative or toxic, as it was not my intention at all. 
  • The purpose of that post was the same as this application is: I want to help improve the quality of the discord. I shared my feedback publicly with the intention to spark a positive discussion. I never wanted to come across as I was bashing the staff team, I was simply addressing some things that had been said by several people (most of which were staff members) on both of Shaye's unban threads. 
  • If you were to accept me, just like how I intend to handle TTT, I would treat it as us being a TEAM working together, and not me as an INDIVIDUAL working with other INDIVIDUALS. What's most important to me is the improvement of the discord, not my own ego. I would not go behind your backs to talk badly about you all to other members of the community, as that is not something that would help the problem; it'd just make it significantly worse. I would expect any and all of you who are on the team to hold me accountable for any mistakes I might make. 
     I know you weren't being rude with your comments, you were just being honest and upfront with me, which I really appreciate that communication. I just hope I come across clearly with these points; if anyone would like me to clarify what I mean, just ask and I will! 
I honestly thought you’d go for this rank before TTT not gonna lie lol. The fact that you’re able to speak on current issues within this respective field without bias is great. I see nothing that would make me think you’d abuse this or cause issues, if anything your backbone would help fix things if you were given this role.
+1 from me
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
+1 I think salty will do a fine job good luck :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
In his previous app, my concern was "inappropriate" jokes on discord, but it almost has been over a year, so I don't see any issue letting him join back to the discord staff team. Was a solid discord staff member, he'll do good job again +1.