Poll: Do you like the rules and punishments on the server, as they currently are?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ye
29.41%
5 29.41%
na
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whatchu think bout the server's rules
Wish we'd actually have people call out the "fun police" instead of just generalizing, because 95% of the time I can assure you they're probably not doing it unintentionally.  I recommend you actually tell people that they're being fun police either directly via DMs or make a formal complaint to a higher ranked staff member about it. Simply bitching about it on the forums, -1'ing someone on threads, and doing subtle microaggressions don't solve anything; it just makes you look like an ass.  

Noire, thanks for making this thread; I had made a feedback form similar to what you're asking here, and I sent it to Bryan; just waiting on him to post it sometime so that way those who don't want to express their opinion publicly, whether it's due to fear of losing internet points or just for the sake of anonymity, can do so. 

I'll answer here quickly, since you took the time to make this thread + my forum posts have a natural talent for putting people to sleep, or so I've heard.

1. I think the server's biggest overall issue is what limits our server's punishments from enabling us to have a more healthy and fun experience is, shockingly enough agreeing with Damien here, trying to treat sexual harassment and harassment the same way.  In fact, we don't even have a separate tab on the staff guidelines for Sexual Harassment at all. That could totally be something that SHOULD be reworked. 

2. I'd say on average that the staff team members are about at a 7-9 level or preparation. Nobody on the team is perfect 24/7, as we're human so I'd rather be honest. I consider myself at a 7. 

3. Despite recent controversy (this cesspool of a thread), I personally feel, from my perspective of before I joined the team, that nobody who is consistently on the server really powermods to be so-called "fun police." Usually every time I've played it's always been a really enjoyable experience. I don't play late night so I cannot attest to how late night staffing goes, but really, the only time I've ever thought of anyone being fun police was Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart back in 2020 (he got better up until he resigned, but when I first joined it was rough.) 

4. I don't think the Following KOS should be 3 warnings; I cannot tell you how many times I've had someone follow me, I say stop, and then I turn around and I get popped. Of course, it's probably just a skill issue, but we only give 1 for door blocking (correction: it's supposedly 3 but I think it should be ONE), I don't know why we don't do the same for following or have it at 2. 3 is too much in my opinion.

5. I think there's more issues than just harassment. I think that despite what transpired on that thread, it wouldn't hurt to take another look at the micspam rules. Our guidelines say that Chat/Mic spam is NEVER allowed in any circumstance, so if we're going to allow it in fluctuation of "how is the server reacting to it," then we should probably put that in our guidelines.

Messages In This Thread
RE: whatchu think bout the server's rules - by Salty - 06-16-2022, 06:55 AM
RE: whatchu think bout the server's rules - by Salty - 06-16-2022, 10:07 AM