Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban request for brap brannigan
Your Discord Username: Deleted old acc(brap brannigan) but new acc is this cat is very good#7527

Your Discord User ID: ^

Auttaja Punishment ID: acc deleted soooo no idea

Ban Length: perma? don't remember

Appeal Type: Explanation

What would you like to tell us: I'm looking to apply for staff on PH since I'm on there alot and find myself keeping the peace on my lonesome as a donor.

So I'll give an unban rq for discord a shot, as my first order of business. Technically the old account that is actively banned I deleted a while ago, so I'm just clearing the air for my future arrival with my new account.
Sorry Jammin for being an angry nerd in my last unban rq.
I understand the reason why the ban was given in the first place even if I don't really agree with it, but really I was pretty obnoxious in the Discord and banning me I imagine was more about my previous behavior than the actual offending message.

So I'm sorry, not really sure what else to put here, but I'm trying to ditch that obnoxious internet persona and I'd like to see if you're willing to accept that apology and I'll not repeat my past mistakes.

Thanks!
I have one question for you on this before I give a vote.

You had a tendency to be extremely aggressive towards others and go after them, at least from your last unban 7 months ago. I have fears that you would do that again if you were unbanned and brought back into the discord. 

What would you say to those who feel similarly to me?
(06-18-2022, 03:27 PM)Salty Wrote: I have one question for you on this before I give a vote.

You had a tendency to be extremely aggressive towards others and go after them, at least from your last unban 7 months ago. I have fears that you would do that again if you were unbanned and brought back into the discord. 

What would you say to those who feel similarly to me?

That much is true, but as you can imagine that didn't really get me or anywhere in or out of the dinks community.

So I'd say I've lived my little stint as a toxic asshole and got the consequences for that. I got ridiculed in a couple of other communities other than dinks and lost friends, and that prompted me to make a change because it's quite lonely being the shithead in every community. So, change of name and a new discord account, to start over and make it official to myself to improve my behavior with a new me. I want to wipe the slate clean and make reparations. I'm definitely ashamed of my behavior and want to distance myself from that point in my life.

To add on that, I'm sure people would want something beyond "ok so you made new name/accounts, what then?" Well I think it's just as a matter of not being an asshole, and I'm perfectly capable of not being an asshole in my day to day life, I just need to not be an asshole online, and that's my plan now.
Your unban request from last December for reference: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15574

I remember this, and man you did not leave a very good impression back then. I understand from playing PH today that you are interested in staffing, so humor me here. What has changed in the last 6 months that we can trust that: 

1: You won't make those kinds of "jokes" again.
2: You won't go off on everyone and everything like you did in your last thread?

How do you think you behaved back then and how is it different now?
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(06-18-2022, 03:52 PM)August Wrote: Your unban request from last December for reference: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15574

I remember this, and man you did not leave a very good impression back then. I understand from playing PH today that you are interested in staffing, so humor me here. What has changed in the last 6 months that we can trust that: 

1: You won't make those kinds of "jokes" again.
2: You won't go off on everyone and everything like you did in your last thread?

How do you think you behaved back then and how is it different now?
I think not repeating the same behavior here is a start.

I don't really know how to convince you otherwise. I haven't been back long enough to give you any kind of reassurance. Maybe like a week.
I've assisted in a couple of ban requests and kept the peace on PH when staff wasn't around. That, not having repeated my mistakes so far, what prompted me to make a change, and the fact I've had some time to myself is all I can really give you.

Edit 1?
If you do unban me I imagine you can always just ban me again, and it won't be quite so easy as an unban request and a pledge not to be an asshole to get unbanned again should history repeat itself.

Edit 2
Like it's been pointed out by Salty, I was definitely very aggressive and a shithead in chat, so I think it's a simple matter as identifying that behavior as undesirable and not doing it. The consequences of continuing it have been made pretty clear to me, and they extend beyond just a ban from the dinks community.
Edit 3
I don't really have any other assurances beyond that and I'd just be repeating myself if pressed for more.
Edit 4

Actually, you could also ask Carson. He's played with me a lot since I've returned.
Soooooo since my name was mentioned I will be as honest as possible.
I think, from looking at your last unban request, that you have changed. When I play prop hunt with you, not only did I not see you make any of those types of jokes, but you definitely seem much calmer. Now, much calmer does not mean very calm. From what I can remember, there have been a few times where you have seen to gotten a bit angry. Note that I am not 100% certain on this, and I'm even kind of doubting my memory. I also heard that you want to become staff. For that I'm gonna keep what I want to say to myself except that I'm not very sure your ready. It is hectic to say the least.
Conclusively, I'm gonna +1 for unban. Not only because I trust you, but because I do think you have changed. If you do get unbanned, don't disappoint, friend.
[Image: image.png]
Reading his last unban appeal, the reason for the ban was very mild in my opinion.

The quote was "those 10k people probably followed you on accident while looking for teenage girls twerking." Which from my perspective wasn't really sexualizing minors (not to mention 18, 19 year olds exist) but more a roast on the type of people who actually use Tik Tok. But anyways, that's neither here or there.

+1 for an unban, just cool it on being so aggressive. It's a GMOD PH server, there's no reason you should be getting so worked up over it.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Yeah, I'm seeing the common thread here, take a chill pill.
Thanks for answering my questions, bud. You said something pretty monumentally stupid back then, but from what I can see you're sincere. You obviously get the message about what you need to fix about yourself. based on what I've seen, I'll support an unban that on the condition that you repeat, six months will feel more like 6 minutes compared to how long your next ban would be.

Another note: Due to the nature of your ban, the trust the staff team has in you is basically non-existent. It's going to take a while to build that trust back up, so don't expect to post a successful staff app anytime soon. Please understand I'm not trying to discourage you here. We have plenty of past and current examples where a vile troll became a well respected member of the staff team. It'll take some time but if you keep calm and remain clean, you might have a shot in the future.

Best of luck, dude

+1
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
+1 I know that 7 months is enough time for someone to completely change as a person. Based on the reason you were banned and this thread, I think you're fine to return.