Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys. I am asking for the gun and badge
Ingame Name: BIIG_SAD
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:154149659

Time Played: 291.2333 hours

When First Joined: Sep 11, 2019 11:00 PM (EST)

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): right now, monday, wednesday, sunday, all day, every other day, after 11 PM EST up to 5 am EST.

Rank Desired: T-mod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community?: 
I can provide my time and skills to help bring order to the community. In these times, we have just experienced a mass exodus from the staff all over. Now, more than ever, we need more staff in the mid to upper echelons of staff. Right now, it is only aki mono and Ryuji(ninja edit. Almost forgot about mono). They are human, and cant come to everything. Same thing with Koshka and Possum. Koshka is a human to. Possum is a Possum. Jokes aside, point is that too much work to divide between them leads to everyone losing. So I will toss my hat into the ring to help with the work.

Why do you want to help the community?:

During the last couple of months, I took some time away to ask if Dinkleberg's Gmod is the server that I care about. In real time, I was going though alot. I was forced to move twice in a month, had some personal problems, and had some emotional problems. I won't lie and say they are all better. That would be dishonest to you all. But I am in a better place now.

Having a month where I did not really invest too hard into the server made me realize just how much not being here would be a huge detriment. I have met so many awesome people like the PH gang and everyone over at murder and TTT. 
Honestly, just like my 2 giveaways, I want to keep giving back to this community. All the staff are people. more people are coming to our server. And, at a time like now, we are at the lowest level of staff in a long time. I want to help lift the overall burden from my fellow staff and help the community. 

Edit as of 7/27 2:50 PM I see that the breadmin has been brought back and the vending machine has been plugged in as well as having our PH HQ in a trashcan now (the three admin apps went through, one staff promoted, two staffs reinstated and promoted). This does not change my opinion. we are still at a low staff level overall.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts):
  1. Chellman ban (joke)
  2. Aki(joke ban)
  3. Stinkfry(released me for the sweet sweet release of food)
Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): 
  1. Trusted app#1[denied]
  2. trusted app #2[accepted]
  3. tmod app #1[denied]
Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? 
I record all gameplay with OBS. every second of GMOD play is recorded, including most time on TTT and Murder.

How did you find us?: Um, by chance actually. Came here out of dumb luck. Originally was a guest visitor in PH. Came back (logged) on the listed september date. stuck around since.

Other: 
I have greatly matured in regards to the previous request.

Some things you guys wanted touching up on:
  • Strictness: Adressed, see any ban requests made by me (last five or so). I have loosened up on it in this regard.
  • Jumping the gun: Adressed, see ban requests. I wait until I have proof beyond reasonable doubt before filing. Also see strictness.
  • accepting help: this is one that I am still working on. It is part of the reason that I took a break, because real life was killing me slowly, and I needed a mental vacation. It took me being made to move twice and not get to play for a bit. I am a lot better at it (see strictness, ban requests)
  • Time under belt: waited, took the time to get the flow of things.
  • Controlling situations: see strictness. Alot of my problems came from me being overly strict. I simply took Ryzif's advice to "shut [...] up". Works wonders.

If you have made it this far, thank you for reading my application. I really want to say thank you to everyone. Having you all here has been one of the most positive influences on me in the past couple of years.

So thank you. Whether you plus one or minus one my app, thank you.

BIIG_SAD out.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
I can't see any major reason to not +1 this, friend. Whenever I have played with you, you did your job, and you did it good. You never seemed to strict to me. Also, as you said, we need more staff in the upper ranks, since we have lost many.
Just remember, if you need to take a break, take it. Real life is much, much more important than gmod. Please, stay safe, and I hope you get better, man.
Good Luck.
[Image: image.png]
I hardly do give out my vote for a while now but here it is.
I like working with you, BIG SAD, you've worked on the things people were having issues/concerns. You do get along with other fellow staff members, myself included (never had any problem with you). Made plenty ban request, have knowledge of the staff guidelines, had a few staff abuse threads however those are from stupid people not knowing how staffing works here, thus not counting. Although, the only concern I currently have is your time activity. In my opinion, if you made this thread few days later, I wouldn't be worried.
Yes, we do need more test mod+ staff members, but the thing is more activity in the server. My vote is neutral.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't even play prophunt and I can say extremely easy +1. This is a fantastic staff app and it looks like any issues that were a cause of concern have been addressed. Good luck my friend!
(07-23-2022, 11:49 PM)Nullify Wrote: I hardly do give out my vote for a while now but here it is.
I like working with you, BIG SAD, you've worked on the things people were having issues/concerns. You do get along with other fellow staff members, myself included (never had any problem with you). Made plenty ban request, have knowledge of the staff guidelines, had a few staff abuse threads however those are from stupid people not knowing how staffing works here, thus not counting. Although, the only concern I currently have is your time activity. In my opinion, if you made this thread few days later, I wouldn't be worried.
Yes, we do need more test mod+ staff members, but the thing is more activity in the server. My vote is neutral.
I do plan on playing more. I will play more now that my main machine is back and operational, and that life has stopped being on fire.
Thanks for the feedback.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
ez +1 good staff, does job well
With the lack of higher staff Big Sad is a good option to give a small clean hammer.

It is true that he used to be a bit strict months ago but I trust that they will grow even further. 

And with recents ban request performance has been great.

+1 to give smol man tiny hammer

My advise to you is to lay back and have fun.  This ain't a job so don't push yourself
[Image: unknown.png]
You know what you're doing, and you're doing it great.
But i'm with Carson on this one. If you still need time to fix real life you should take it, negativity from the trolls will only make it worse,. You think that everything is under control, and you can separate real life problems from the game, but it takes only 1 really  toxic person to make all go in flames. And sadly we have way too many ppl like this.
But anyway, I wish you the best.
+1
[Image: ?imw=512&imh=233&ima=fit&imp...erbox=true]
BIIG_SAD has developed a calmer, more level-headed approach to situations over time. 
Good staff. 
Ez +1 for Test Mod as long as you can compartmentalize the silly internet bs, prevent it from spilling over and affecting your real life.
(07-24-2022, 08:29 AM)Wilfry Wrote: With the lack of higher staff Big Sad is a good option to give a small clean hammer.

It is true that he used to be a bit strict months ago but I trust that they will grow even further. 

And with recents ban request performance has been great.

+1 to give smol man tiny hammer

My advise to you is to lay back and have fun.  This ain't a job so don't push yourself
-1 im a smol sad man, thank you very much (this is a joke)

thanks for the advice. Duly noted.

BIIG_SAD