Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first try
I'm going to give a +1

I was hesitant after seeing Birddog's screenshots, as I know you like to shitpost and mess with people (certainly welcome here), but the examples provided make me fear that gets out of hand sometimes. That said, after some thought, I don't think that's reflective of how you act overall. You've made good improvements since your last application, and you remain active, helpful, and fun to play with on the server. Barring occasional missteps, I think you'd be a good fit for Trusted.

Good luck!
[Image: b_560x95.png]
as billybob put it best:
for both of your apps alone it demonstrates you have a hard time taking criticism, and often wish to assert your opinion in every situation.

Now, I know I am not the brightest staff member out there. I may not be the best, nor may I be the most active, but I do know that you gotta be able to take criticism.
my opinion is that you do not take criticism well (see: arguement where you shift blame against other staff while YOU should be the one discussed here. This IS your staff app after all, is it not?).

For this reason, I cannot in good faith +1 this app.

While you have made some progress since your last app, the blame other staff part and inability to take criticism makes this a non-negotiable -1 from me. Personally, I would not want to staff with another staff member that would shift blame to everyone but themselves. Nobody can always be correct always. Everyone will always make bad calls/mistakes/fuckups/oopsies. The difference is that most people will dust themselves off, admit the mistake, and (hopefully, but not always) correct from that. In that regard, you have done neither of that. (see: app oneapp numero 2), where you can be found arguing almost non-stop.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(11-23-2022, 01:52 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: as billybob put it best:
for both of your apps alone it demonstrates you have a hard time taking criticism, and often wish to assert your opinion in every situation.

Now, I know I am not the brightest staff member out there. I may not be the best, nor may I be the most active, but I do know that you gotta be able to take criticism.
my opinion is that you do not take criticism well (see: arguement where you shift blame against other staff while YOU should be the one discussed here. This IS your staff app after all, is it not?).

For this reason, I cannot in good faith +1 this app.

While you have made some progress since your last app, the blame other staff part and inability to take criticism makes this a non-negotiable -1 from me. Personally, I would not want to staff with another staff member that would shift blame to everyone but themselves. Nobody can always be correct always. Everyone will always make bad calls/mistakes/fuckups/oopsies. The difference is that most people will dust themselves off, admit the mistake, and (hopefully, but not always) correct from that. In that regard, you have done neither of that. (see: app oneapp numero 2), where you can be found arguing almost non-stop.
I've observably taken criticism both in this thread and in the last. The only times I've mentioned other staff are to provide context or comparison. I accept full responsibility for my actions, but I'm still going to provide the context in which they were taken and compare them to the actions of others to illustrate whether or not they are abnormal or problematic by the server's norms. I have no problem taking criticism so long as it's constructive and accurate, but if your criticism is insubstantial or inaccurate, of course I'm going to respond for more information or to defend against ill informed or bad faith accusations made against me as anyone would and regularly does. As I said before, Stoked's final message in the previous thread remains true
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
No comment on the staff app as it is not my place but I would appreciate it if people sniped previous responses wen responding to someone  the walls of text are getting unnecessarily long.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
bump
Takes no one saw coming: rand +1s tiefling

because its not coming -1 you suck

no just kidding +1, if killa can staff anyone with consistent time that doesn't openly say slurs can staff lets be real here|

oh i should say something about tiefling too here shouldnt i

kinda sucks but doesnt suck enough to not staff like foxka sucks but he's staff and all of my friends suck and they're staff so tiefling can suck and be staff too, plays game, knows some rules, is a gamer, all thats rly needed
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(11-23-2022, 05:26 PM)do re mi fa so la ti cock Wrote: Takes no one saw coming: rand +1s tiefling

because its not coming -1 you suck

no just kidding +1, if killa can staff anyone with consistent time that doesn't openly say slurs can staff lets be real here|

oh i should say something about tiefling too here shouldnt i

kinda sucks but doesnt suck enough to not staff like foxka sucks but he's staff and all of my friends suck and they're staff so tiefling can suck and be staff too, plays game, knows some rules, is a gamer, all thats rly needed
erm actually i know all of the rules.
+1

While I do aggree on the criticism part, because from my perspective is more like "ok but..." rather than a "point taken", everyone that has the courage to stand their ground deserves the chance to explain themselves, on the other side of the note, the comment that was taken 2 far, I do aggre that it was fucked up, (even if it was repeating what someone else already said, and I do think that an apologize was required back then), everyone has ever said or though worse things, some with ill intentions, others without it, and at the end of the day we cant judge someone based off on words solely, because actions speak louder than those, that being said, the whole discord thingy and most of the forums are a toxic space and a "Me VS them " sort of situation, so anyone is prone to say really bad things sooner or later, the whole point is that we should improve and strive to be better when we acknowledge our own flaws

now on the game side of things, she knows the rules, and its active, so yeah, I do see a possible trusted
(11-23-2022, 09:46 PM)Cimag Wrote: +1

While I do aggree on the criticism part, because from my perspective is more like "ok but..." rather than a "point taken", everyone that has the courage to stand their ground deserves the chance to explain themselves,  on the other side of the note, the comment that was taken 2 far, I do aggre that it was fucked up, (even if it was repeating what someone else already said, and I do think that an apologize was required back then), everyone has ever said or though worse things, some with ill intentions, others without it, and at the end of the day we cant judge someone based off on words solely, because actions speak louder than those, that being said, the whole discord thingy and most of the forums are a toxic space and a "Me VS them " sort of situation, so anyone is prone to say really bad things sooner or later, the whole point is that we should improve and strive to be better when we acknowledge our own flaws

now on the game side of things, she knows the rules, and its active, so yeah, I do see a possible trusted

I don't see how you, or anyone here, sees hoping that my unborn child would die as a small scale problem. Directly to me, in fact. And only apologized for it when it came up here. In fact, I encourage everyone to see how I explicitly told her that, no, I did not like it and that I believed Hong was drunk and she was just hateful, and she replied with crying baby gifs. Immediately after I both stated that no, I didn't find it funny after suffering a miscarriage. Instead of backing down, she went a step further. 

https://discord.com/channels/26353637419...8531955712

I know I'm an abrasive troll, but I wouldn't cross that line upon wishing actual death on someone, especially someone's family. I fail to see how you think that it's even remotely a small deal, or even close to how staff or people wanting to be staff should interact.

Also, yes, I know, coming from me that's hilarious in an ironic way, but I've never said I wished anyone I didn't like on here would die or their family suffered.
(11-23-2022, 10:46 PM)Birddog6 Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 09:46 PM)Cimag Wrote: +1

While I do aggree on the criticism part, because from my perspective is more like "ok but..." rather than a "point taken", everyone that has the courage to stand their ground deserves the chance to explain themselves,  on the other side of the note, the comment that was taken 2 far, I do aggre that it was fucked up, (even if it was repeating what someone else already said, and I do think that an apologize was required back then), everyone has ever said or though worse things, some with ill intentions, others without it, and at the end of the day we cant judge someone based off on words solely, because actions speak louder than those, that being said, the whole discord thingy and most of the forums are a toxic space and a "Me VS them " sort of situation, so anyone is prone to say really bad things sooner or later, the whole point is that we should improve and strive to be better when we acknowledge our own flaws

I don't see how you, or anyone here, sees hoping that my unborn child would die as a small scale problem. Directly to me, in fact. And only apologized for it when it came up here. In fact, I encourage everyone to see how I explicitly told her that, no, I did not like it and that I believed Hong was drunk and she was just hateful, and she replied with crying baby gifs. Immediately after I both stated that no, I didn't find it funny after suffering a miscarriage. Instead of backing down, she went a step further. 

https://discord.com/channels/26353637419...8531955712

I know I'm an abrasive troll, but I wouldn't cross that line upon wishing actual death on someone, especially someone's family. I fail to see how you think that it's even remotely a small deal, or even close to how staff or people wanting to be staff should interact.

Also, yes, I know, coming from me that's hilarious in an ironic way, but I've never said I wished anyone I didn't like on here would die or their family suffered.
You joke about killing people pretty often, actually. Like I said, I apologize for what I said and I'll refrain from similar things in the future, but let's not pretend you haven't set a precedent for these kinds of jokes (which, along with all the other offensive things you say, you have never apologized for or seemed to care whether or not the people you made them towards found them funny). And despite you insisting that everyone else must take everything offensive you say as a joke, I feel the need to inform you that yes, what I said was intended as a joke.
https://imgur.com/a/luVFPrE