Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Papa Milo Application for Trusted
In game Name: Papa Milo

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:160186012
Discord Tag: BenBerman#7136
Time Played: 122 Hours

When First Joined: I first started playing in Jan 2018 then took a break near the end of 2018 as Gmod would brick my pc I found a fix for it about a month ago and have been continuously playing it since

Availability: Generally im on around 2-12 PM EST M-TH and 1-4 PM and 10-12 PM on F-SUN however this changes regarding if people are on at those times as sometimes nobody gets on until 4pm

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor/Regular

What can you do to help the community: When I am on there are usaly no staff members on and because of this it emboldens people to RDM if I was made trusted I could look at the reports and mitigate this issue. Another factor is I often die early and because of this I would have plenty of time to look through reports and to help explain the rules to new players.

Why you want to help the community: I Want to help because this would help people have a good time and intern make them want to come back to the server, as there are times when there are not many players on, and we have people leave because of RDM. I believe that this will help keep the server populated with people. It is because of this that I am applying for trusted. Another reason is that this is the only server I play on when it comes to Gmod I exclusively play on this server and because of that I want to help it grow and thrive.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts):  Yes I was banned 5 years ago for mass rdm:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=7854

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): No

How did you find us?: I honestly don’t remember as it was over 5 years ago I just remember the welcomeness and the positive atmosphere of this community.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread):  Yes

Other: I Just want to thank you all for taking the time to read my application and for the welcomeness I have felt from this server, and I hope to hear back from you soon!
This is gonna be a -1 from me man. You seem like a chill dude and I haven't really played with you much, but in my opinion at this point you don't really seem like staff material. I mean, it was just yesterday you got a karma ban because you were claiming rooms pre-overtime and killing anyone who went in. I don't really record my games or anything but I have some screenshots of the Damagelogs (Imgur) for one of the rounds.
[Image: FZxEbKr.gif]
-1. you dont know shit about rules and what staff can/cannot do, easily one of the most annoying donors ive played with

bro tried to argue w me for 20 mins about how i "cant karmaban" as its "not in the rules" and said idk anything when he barely has 100 hours
(04-27-2023, 08:16 PM)voidzz Wrote: -1. you dont know shit about rules and what staff can/cannot do, easily one of the most annoying donors ive played with

bro tried to argue w me for 20 mins about how i "cant karmaban" as its "not in the rules" and said idk anything when he barely has 100 hours
Voidzz your response is completely understandable, and I get where you are coming from, and I understand that that was probably annoying for you. However, I just want to say in my defense that I was not saying that mods are not allowed to karmaban but instead that I did not think that there was a karma ban system on this server. This is because nowhere in the rules does it mention that you can get karma banned. I now know that this is a feature but at the time I genuinely did not know this to be a rule. I believe that the rules thread should be updated to include this information and the information about the servers warning system so that this confusion does not happen to another person. Again, I want to say that I understand where you are coming from with your vote to deny me and that I completely understand. I also want to thank you for taking the time to read my post even if you disagree with making me trusted.
(04-27-2023, 08:44 PM)Papa Milo Wrote: This is because nowhere in the rules does it mention that you can get karma banned. I now know that this is a feature but at the time I genuinely did not know this to be a rule. I believe that the rules thread should be updated to include this information and the information about the servers warning system so that this confusion does not happen to another person.

Haven't been active enough to leave meaningful feedback so will leave that to people who have played with you more. Just want to say the staff guidelines have information at the bottom regarding all the commands available to each staff rank. Whether that should be displayed in the rules is maybe worth discussing (though I'll say that both are publicly viewable, and the staff guidelines are worth reading even for non-staff imo).
-1, I personally don't think you are ready for trusted. A few examples is what voidzz has provided of not knowing certain rules/guidelines of what staff are able to do & what they cannot do, a recent example on 4/26 of you ungagging a player after chibill gagging them and warning them prior to you ungagging them, and a kick from 4/24 of you kicking/gagging a player for RDM and other instances. If you could provide context for the kick/gag, I would gladly appreciate that and would like to get insight if there were any staff on, if it was consensual, and the reasoning behind the kick/gag. As for the other examples, I am skeptical on whether you know the rules/guidelines and can handle situations well enough to be able to apply, considering that one of the requirements in the, "How to: Promotion," thread states that you show a good understanding of the rules/follow them. From these demonstrations, I don't see that you have a good understanding of the rules/guidelines & donor abuse rules. The other issue is the activity in the discord/forums. You dont have much activity in the discord nor the forums. Here are a few things you can fix if this app is to get denied and you decide to reapply. 

• Read up on the rules/guidelines for TTT to get a better understanding.
  • Read up on the donor abuse rules provided in the guideline as well. 
  • Engage in both the forums/discord side of the community.
  • Create an introductory thread to push yourself out more to the community. 

Good Luck on your application, Papa Milo!
-1 classic example of i know the rules more then you attitude
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
-1, I want to thank everyone that has responded, and I think it is clear that I need more time before becoming trusted. I originally played on this server 5 years ago and only recently rejoined it within the last month. It is clear to me that I have forgotten / confused some of the rules after my 5-year break and it Is because of this that I personally don’t believe that I should become trusted at this time. I need to re-read the rules and to spend some more time on the server with its new community.

I want to especially  thank Slater, Saylor Twift, and Voidzz for helping me see that I have some growing to do before I become Trusted. Thank you Slater for your suggestions on how I should go about improving my self, I will definitely be following them.

As I said before after reading everyone’s responses I don’t think that I should become Trusted yet and it is for this reason that I would like to withdraw my application (if that is a thing and allowed). I need more time with this community and when I feel that I have relearned the rules and reintegrated within DinklebergTTT than I will reply.

Thank you everyone for you fair criticism and I hope to see you all in-game

(also quick side note how do i get my profile updated from user to doner thanks)
Closed due to applicant withdrawal. Admins can post with a response if they'd like c:

(04-29-2023, 12:52 PM)Papa Milo Wrote: (also quick side note how do i get my profile updated from user to doner thanks)
I'll ask Gabe to update it after I post this.