Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Icey's Admin App
+1 For monkey PFP
Also good staff app.
ok so honestly i did some soul seaarching and had to make another post to bestow this knowledge upon this app

icey fell off cs
also

why wasnt there a icey vs tiefling cage match the way u goobers are treating these apps like its a competitiion
but this was basically a litlele bumpington for my good pal

additionally :::

According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little body off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

because bees don't care
what humans think is impossible.

Yellow, black. Yellow, black.
Yellow, black. Yellow, black.

Ooh, black and yellow!
Let's shake it up a little.
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
Thank you for pin beautiful staff member!!
More admins = gooder updates since the pool of ideas and what people can do to implement those ideas is bigger.

I don't understand why we have to lock it to 2-3 admins when I'm sure the server would be just as good if not better with like 6.

Icey has been here longer than a lot of people and I think deserves a shot at admin for being a friendly face, enforcing the rules and offering advice/support to those who need it. He's shit at cs though so -2 +1
I am not active on server, so feel free to take everything below with a grain of salt.

Also for context, I very strongly do not believe this has to be a competition between Icey and tiefling. If both are solid admin candidates, I think it would be a blessing for TTT to have four at least mostly active admins.

Icey, you're obviously a well known, friendly face in pretty much all areas of the community, so big plus on that front. You're familiar with the rules, reasonable and effective in enforcing them, etc. etc. etc.

That said, I pretty much agree exactly with what @bab said--your responses in tiefling's app, in this thread, and in your own app here really do leave a bad taste in my mouth, and for me bring into question your motivation in applying.

The primary reason you discredited tiefling as an admin candidate was not doing "a whole lot on the balancing or updates side of things". But then in your own application this suddenly isn't an important quality for an admin candidate. When pressed on this in another thread, you say "If I could go back and change some of my -1's, I would. Unfortunately, it wouldn't really accomplish anything." This comes across as disingenuous to me, as you absolutely can change at least one -1 you've given in recent past, especially if your thoughts on qualifications for a good admin have changed.

Note: this of course isn't to say you can't not support somebody for your own reasons--you're perfectly entitled to vehemently oppose tiefling as admin for whatever reasons you choose. But publicly giving a reason that you then go back on, without making any change to your response, comes across as you acting in bad faith.

On top of that, you neglected to respond to (and downrepped) both of the genuine -1s you received, both of which prompted you to respond and imo gave valid constructive feedback. If you're going to be admin, I don't think you should sweep criticism under the rug, rather address it and use it to improve.

All in all, I think you have a lot of the traits of a good admin, and your history with the community speaks for itself as far as your dedication to keeping things fun while also enforcing the rules. However, I think even more important from a prospective admin is acting honestly and in good faith within the community, and from your responses in these threads in the last week, I'm not super confident this is the case. -1 for now, but I'm open to supporting in the future.
(12-05-2023, 07:49 PM)Ryan722 Wrote: I am not active on server, so feel free to take everything below with a grain of salt.

Also for context, I very strongly do not believe this has to be a competition between Icey and tiefling. If both are solid admin candidates, I think it would be a blessing for TTT to have four at least mostly active admins.

Icey, you're obviously a well known, friendly face in pretty much all areas of the community, so big plus on that front. You're familiar with the rules, reasonable and effective in enforcing them, etc. etc. etc.

That said, I pretty much agree exactly with what @bab said--your responses in tiefling's app, in this thread, and in your own app here really do leave a bad taste in my mouth, and for me bring into question your motivation in applying.

The primary reason you discredited tiefling as an admin candidate was not doing "a whole lot on the balancing or updates side of things". But then in your own application this suddenly isn't an important quality for an admin candidate. When pressed on this in another thread, you say "If I could go back and change some of my -1's, I would. Unfortunately, it wouldn't really accomplish anything." This comes across as disingenuous to me, as you absolutely can change at least one -1 you've given in recent past, especially if your thoughts on qualifications for a good admin have changed.

Note: this of course isn't to say you can't not support somebody for your own reasons--you're perfectly entitled to vehemently oppose tiefling as admin for whatever reasons you choose. But publicly giving a reason that you then go back on, without making any change to your response, comes across as you acting in bad faith.

On top of that, you neglected to respond to (and downrepped) both of the genuine -1s you received, both of which prompted you to respond and imo gave valid constructive feedback. If you're going to be admin, I don't think you should sweep criticism under the rug, rather address it and use it to improve.

All in all, I think you have a lot of the traits of a good admin, and your history with the community speaks for itself as far as your dedication to keeping things fun while also enforcing the rules. However, I think even more important from a prospective admin is acting honestly and in good faith within the community, and from your responses in these threads in the last week, I'm not super confident this is the case. -1 for now, but I'm open to supporting in the future.
Hey Ryan!
Appreciate your comment. I think it is safe to say that I completely disagree with the -1's I have received. I also think that in regards to the rep system, "+1 = agree, -1 = disagree."   I hope that none of the members I have -1'd think of it to mean anything more than me disagreeing with them. It isn't a big deal <3

I also definitely cannot change the past. I tend to normally PM people if I think I was wrong in a decision I made. Just because their is not public forum posts of me addressing issues, does that mean that they are not being addressed privately. Hopefully this clears up the whole disingenuous thing, as I definitely have apologized to people and have owned up to areas where I was wrong. I also wrote in my app, "I want to state that I definitely prefer my admins to have dev skills and knowledge. Despite this, I know very little of those things and am still applying. It seems that the player base is wanting an admin that will communicate with players, handle forum issues, and refine certain aspects of the server."
I have most definitely changed my mind on what qualifies a good admin at the time. The main reason that I never put out an admin app, is because I believed that admins should all know how to do the intricate fixes behind the server. It wasn't until many players told me that the main goals of future admins should be to lessen the length of time between issues and resolution. They want someone that can communicate with them on their decisions and keep the server running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. At the current state of the server, I completely agree with them and changed my mind. You seem to state that this is the primary reason that I -1'd tiefling, but it is just one of many. I could go back to Tieflings app and write a whole different -1, but I just don't think it accomplishes anything positive. I would like to say that I am wrong in my response in that a current Admin does not need the things I directly refer to in my -1. I thought I made that clear in my app, but hopefully this helps with any confusion.

I have mainly neglected commenting on their -1's due to it also not going to bring anything productive. I would prefer to avoid back and forth on the feedback part of the application. I have been more than happy to share the conversation Pluto is referring to to anyone interested in the situation. Please just message me on discord and I will be more than happy to explain the situation. I think it is safe to assume that you already have the conversation between me and pluto (considering your -1), but I disagree with his comments and take on it. This also includes babs -1 since she is referring to the same thing.  Thank you for the response!
(12-05-2023, 09:12 PM)Icey Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 07:49 PM)Ryan722 Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

I have mainly neglected commenting on their -1's due to it also not going to bring anything productive. I would prefer to avoid back and forth on the feedback part of the application. I have been more than happy to share the conversation Pluto is referring to to anyone interested in the situation. Please just message me on discord and I will be more than happy to explain the situation. I think it is safe to assume that you already have the conversation between me and pluto (considering your -1), but I disagree with his comments and take on it. This also includes babs -1 since she is referring to the same thing.  Thank you for the response!

Just to be completely clear (again, lol): I haven't distributed any piece of our conversation out to specific people. Everything that people seem to be taking from my post is directly from the post. Not that I have a problem with you showing people the conversation (if that's what people gather from this response); I just wanted to be transparent.
Hi, I don't view this as a competition at all, and I wouldn't mind both applicants being accepted.

However, I still stand by what I wrote. I was not given any extra insight into anyone's private conversations except for what was posted here. You did not privately reach out to me to answer my question, and you still haven't addressed it at all, which is once again, the exact issue I was pointing out in my original post.

Neglecting feedback and genuine questions being asked to you when you're applying to be a communicative, community facing admin, isn't a good look and has made me even less willing to support you in this.
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333
(12-05-2023, 10:09 PM)bab Wrote: Hi, I don't view this as a competition at all, and I wouldn't mind both applicants being accepted.

However, I still stand by what I wrote. I was not given any extra insight into anyone's private conversations except for what was posted here. You did not privately reach out to me to answer my question, and you still haven't addressed it at all, which is once again, the exact issue I was pointing out in my original post.

Neglecting feedback and genuine questions being asked to you when you're applying to be a communicative, community facing admin, isn't a good look and has made me even less willing to support you in this.
Hey bab. Referring back to your response. "The issue that Pluto mentioned above is also concerning, what steps are you willing to take to correct the previous stonewalling in the future?"
I could be wrong, but that is implying that I stonewalled pluto in the first place. And considering the -1 was only a couple of hours after pluto's inital response, I can assume that you didn't intend on waiting for a rebuttal before placing your -1. I am also perfectly content with players -1ing based off something that someone says. I believe even more firmly that I like to see proof and evidence of what happened before making my decision. Regardless, for anyone interested in knowing the situation, I have been and will continue to explain and show the conversation. Thank you for the comment! I think the point I want to make has been made so if anyone wants to address things further, my DM's are open and I'll try to answer any questions.