Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's try this again
Ingame Name: Lost_Leviathan

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58801539

Time Played: 497.5h

When First Joined: August 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Almost any night whenever the server is alive.

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community: Since August resigned as Murder admin, there is a void to be filled. I would like to see what I can do to change up the server and bring some life to it. I would like to do some raffles and change up the shop to give some more things for players to go for while playing on the server. I want to fight to get the player models added that we voted on over a year and a half ago added to the server.

Why you want to help the community: I've met so many great people and have so much fun with the people in the community and want the server to thrive if possible. There is still a lot of life left in the Murder game mode that I want to bring to the server.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Only joke bans

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): Denied Accepted Accepted Accepted Purgatory

How did you find us?: Looking for a good prop hunt server then migrated to the server for Murder.

Other: It's kind of a long shot but we need some updates to murder and I want to see what I can do to get us to that point. I might not be the most active on the server anymore but I'm able to hop on and help at almost any time that people need me.
I support you last time. I will support you again. +1 from the milk
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
There IS a void to be filled, and it's in the owner slot. I think Dink is just letting Murder die at this point.

+1 tho
@"Dinkleberg >:(" WAKE UP

I know u forgot this server exists but make him admin he deserves it 

+1
I recognize that this may be a minority view, but I don't see the point in having a new Murder Admin currently. It would just be a "novelty" rank with community admin level powers, which I don't think is right for a server that is dead currently. I had this same opinion back when Murder and DR were in similar dead phases when I was TTT Admin, I don't think dead server Admin positions should have community-level admin access. That's where my other concern lies is community involvement. Your last forum post before this was in August(not the old "former guy") on your last Admin app (which is also still open, I might just merge the two together). On the Discord side, albeit it has been improving since I have seen you in VCs for Lethal Company, but a large majority of your discord activity is rooted in the "push possum" channel. For an Admin position that is still considered community-level, you need to have more community involvement than that in my opinion.

Having a new admin imo won't really change anything since it is just a glorified mod role in terms of actual server permissions. If you really wanted to make changes to the murder server,  you could be trying to do those yourself as the "active" Mod. What I mean by that is taking charge to try and message Dink and work with him to get the player models voted on last year, updates, or changing up the point shop. But we all know Dinks activity, so it might not result in anything, but its the effort that counts. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have not seen any efforts from you to do that. Or trying to revive murder either, in terms of trying to get players on or putting in some effort as a Mod outside of getting on to help people as needed. At the very least, I would like to see some visible effort to try and revive the murder server as Mod or try to get some changes made. Even just taking the initiative to try and discuss ideas for changes or ways to successfully go about the changes in the staff discord is an effort. But in short, I just don't see the point of having a new Murder Admin unless the server gets resurrected on a consistent basis.
(01-12-2024, 10:19 AM)Gabe Wrote: [snip]
I disagree.

having an official admin may also serve to bring people in.

also if a server is alive, it should have staff, with a spread amongst as many ranks as possible, higher better.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
bump

I hope lost leviathan gets it.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
I kinda agree with Gabe if you haven't put in the time/effort as Mod to fix some of the issues then i'm not sure if Admin will do any good. I don't know if that's true or not, since I am certainly dead asf.
However I disagree on murder admin being a novelty rank. As of now the server is online and available on the gmod public server. With a dedicated admin it flourished, under Norm, and I think it can flourish again.
Admin is more than a novelty rank. Admin has gban access for murder, authority to bring in staff members, change rules in game, seek Dink's approval for stuff, etc. Don't punish Lost for Dink's absence - let Lost give it a try if you feel he's ready.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Tsar says you only have 3 hours logged since august 30 which next week will be exactly 5 months since the last admin app. I've watched the server go through 5 different leadership and seen it never really take off from any of them. You can plead with dink until your fingers turn to nubs from all the messages you sent him, but he won't do anything until he feels like it. New models rely completely on dink and raffles would help in short term, but i feel it fails long term in keeping players here. 

I feel like I've seen murder go inactive for months at a time so what would your plan for then be? 
How would being admin help you keep a player base around?

Honestly I'd +1 if you were more active even if the server was dead. IMO that would at least show a dedication to the server and prove you're trying to fix it. 

My vote is a -1
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Bump

also dont punish Lost for something he cannot control. Lost cant control when people come to the server, and to recent, it has not aligned when he wants to play tbh.

+1

BIIG_SAD