Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving On
So back when GCubed was less busy (has anyone seen him?) and I was still a bright-eyed event coordinator, I had a few ideas of a direction the community could go that wouldn't see it snuffed out when gmod is. I've been thinking about that for a long time and would really like to prevent it if possible. This has culminated in two bigger ideas, and a few smaller sprinkles. 

The main one we were working out was setting up a Dink's Twitch channel. This would be used to stream tournaments and any other live-events, and could be used to host streams from people in the player base as well (or for people who don't have their own channels they could stream on it with some stream key fun, same with events, anyone could use it theoretically)  We also had this idea for some discord-twitch integrations that would let the twitch chat and discord chats interact in real-time, fun stuff like that. 

The other thing I've been ruminating on is the potential for broadening the horizons of the community past gmod. This is a bit more difficult when the current culture of games is largely anti-player owned servers, but I still have a few ideas. A starter one I was thinking on is SCP: Secret Labratory. I think it'd be easier to set up and could draw people in pretty effortlessly, but longterm I'd like to foray into various community-based games. I'd likely just bige the bullet on expenses for any of these since they're untested and not as monetizable, I'd never expect dink to fool the bill (unless..?)  I would love more ideas on games in this vein. 

Lastly are the obvious ones. Little community events, game nights, movie nights, karaoke, some other little twists I've had on these ideas. Some contests and whatnot. Just things to start engaging everyone more again. I'd love to probe some people on ideas for these as well, other perspectives will probably help me refine these ideas and think up more.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Minecraft UHC is usually a good time
(05-01-2024, 11:02 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Minecraft UHC is usually a good time
PIXELMOOON
I would love a Minecraft server if there's a good way to make it a slower burn. Minecraft always has people speedrunning it now and it just kinda ruins the vibe imo
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(05-01-2024, 01:49 PM)bunniey Wrote: I would love a Minecraft server if there's a good way to make it a slower burn. Minecraft always has people speedrunning it now and it just kinda ruins the vibe imo
Do a modded one, like RLcraft or something that is harder
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
(05-01-2024, 01:49 PM)bunniey Wrote: I would love a Minecraft server if there's a good way to make it a slower burn. Minecraft always has people speedrunning it now and it just kinda ruins the vibe imo
Outside of something really structured this will almost always happened. If you incorporate mods you can get like 2 months maybe just because of the progression. I actually have been looking at the new VaultHunters modpack not really the same as a normal modded server, but looks pretty interesting and has clear progression.

Although I have been holding on for @chibill hosted UHC whenever he gets the time to do it. <3 Chibill
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
bring back kareoke
:( image broke
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
WE ARE WAITING FOR THE UHC @chibill
[Image: stop-doing-modpacks-v0-j6krjbzkpewa1.jpg...06af5dd4b2]
(05-02-2024, 12:17 AM)clay Wrote: [Image: stop-doing-modpacks-v0-j6krjbzkpewa1.jpg...06af5dd4b2]
Sorry i dont play modpacks where getting an iron bar takes less than 5 hours

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice