Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So i Just bought T-mod
Any tips and such that I need to know since buying T-mod. So i that I can staff effectively and avoid getting instantly demoted for being shit. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. I have had previous staffing experience on other servers prior. I noticed dinks is going to be the strictest server thus far for staff standards. Which is a good thing.
Here, most of the stuff you'll need staff guidelines, rules and such are in that subforum.
On a minor note. Will my discord and forum roles get changed to reflect the new status.
You can get your forum role from here. As for staffing, you're guarenteed to make mistakes.  You just got to learn from them and don't be afraid to ask for help on the server.

p.s. I bought Tmod, too.
If you just bought a t-mod rank i would suggest laying back and watching other how they handle reports and such NOW that you can read them.
As you watch, also realize that others some , not all, buy t-mod also. So just because someone has a rank does not necessarily mean they have the same experience as say, a moderator.
You can quite possibly witness a lower rank like trusted have more experience then some t-mods who might even purchased the rank that day

This is both very difficult to word as I don't want to offend any of our great t-mods and is also difficult for you to follow as an instruction.
You also need to sort out the proper decisions of those who are the most experienced vs those who might have just jumped onto the t-mod rank and bought it and flail around without thinking of the consequences. You don't want to follow the wrong crowd. So due to the nature of being able to purchase the t-mod rank, your t-mod Peers might not always be the best mentors. We still have many great t-mods here but its something to remember. Its best for you to interpret the rules yourself and master them then to follow the words of people you don't know or people who may have no experience here.

I would not jump right into the role immediately. Every server has its own rules and staffing "distinctiveness" so watch ours and become familiar with our style.
There is no rush we can wait till you are ready and comfortable to perform the duties of the rank.
Don't let people pressure you to do something you feel unready for. If you need to let a report go because you are unprepared or unsure then just let it go.
You will get more flack for an incorrect decision,
If you are put on the spot about a report and you dont know what to do simply stating to that you are not ready to handle that report for whatever is understandable.
People will accept you for being honest.

Its more then just a rank. You can even do all the correct actions and yet be condemned for the way you executed them.
Everything from your ability of interpretation of our rules to your attitude on how you handle issues is extremely important here.

If you need a mentor you can add me on steam or message me on discord.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SugamTheFish/

on discord I am Sugam.

I don't play much because i focus on the development department, but ill provide as much information as i can.
Feel free to ask me either through discord or steam if you need any help with decision making or rule clarity or anything else really, I'd be happy to help.
Glad you want to make an effort to learn how to staff effectively. Though I am only a trusted, please feel free to ask me any questions if you have any.
.Other than that my friend I would reach out Moderators or higher like @"Delirium" and @Christian greatest teachers ever both of them have taught me things.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
I have priror staffing experience on other servers. I posted this thread to have other people tell me what to intially watch out for. As well as have people know that I am serrious on improving and staffing and not the LUL now i can aboose type.
how dare people want to contribute and donate to the server