Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince Nicky Feedback Thread
So this is an idea that CrimsonDragon brought up last week. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=3647 

I figured it would be an interesting to grab some feedback from the community about my staff performance. I don't plan on applying for a promotion right now, but sometime in the future, I probably will. 

As most of y'all probably already know, I was a Moderator on Dinks a couple years ago. I ask that for this feedback thread that any previous staff experience is ignored. I'd just prefer to get some reviews of my current work as a trusted.

I've been a trusted for a little over 4 months now and I've got to say, I enjoy being back in a staff position. It's great being in a position where the biggest decision I have to make is whether to slay or not to slay. As a trusted, I've accumulated about 250 hours of trusted experience and I've met many new players and revived friendships with old players. 

The main issue that prevented me from getting promoted in my last application, at least what I was privy to, was that my playtime was a bit lacking. Additionally, a few players thought that I messed around too much. I also was still pretty fresh to returning to the community. I knew names, but I didn't know the people. In response, I've started to bring up my playtime and reduced my "trolling" to more manageable levels. I, of course, will never cease to mess around completely. That's simply not possible. 

These are my two recent staff applications 
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=2413 - for trusted
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=2844 - for test mod

I know this post was a bit rambling and messy, but I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer, negative or positive. Thanks in advance.
Mess around with people that you are already friends with. Don't mess around with people that you don't know well yet.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
Honestly, you're awesome. The problem with messing around is you have to find the right time and people to mess around with. For example, as Ace has done multiple times, if you grapple me, hit me once with a crowbar, or teleport me, I won't do a single thing. I won't fire back or complain or report. I used to do it all the time when I was staff on another server.

I've seen you give slays when necessary and you are normally very lenient when it comes to reporting people. You always give people a chance to have a say in the situation, and you are a decently skilled player as well (better than me at least.) You clearly understand the rules and how they should apply, and your judgement in situations where rules don't apply is pretty good. 

Plus, you're generally like me, where when you get bored, you start messing around instead of actually playing, and I love that. A lot of people don't like that, but I love it when somebody can have fun without playing the game right, as long as it doesn't interfere with others. 

Personally, I'd give you a +1 for your next application.
In my opinion you troll too hard and frequently
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I've known Prince for a long time, and his "trolling" behavior is what makes him great. Can he go overboard? Yes, but it's very rarely. His playstyle is manipulative, and that's what makes him fun to play with. He handles reports, and has always been fair and just. Easily one of, if not the, best staff member this server has been graced with.
I personally don't think you troll a lot, but don't downvote people for not giving you +1 when you apply.
Through all the times I have played with you, I still fall for your traps. You have been on with me late at night, and I'd say you are a good staff member, handle reports fairly, all situations I have seen you in even the non rule specified ones you pull through, and most importantly you aren't just blatantly rude/toxic. We have had a few good talks on PH here and there when you show up really late some nights. Pretty cool guy. The only thing I could see is the messing with people you don't know thing. Knowing when that's okay and not okay. Although that's something you will figure out on your own, its something you will slowly better yourself in, even if not trying. Otherwise I have no negatives.
Eh, one of the only times i've played with you you tried to argue that you could call TEST OR KOS even if no tester existed or was purchased yet. So yeah...You're arguing with staff still.
(01-12-2018, 04:03 PM)Everyjuan Wrote: Eh, one of the only times i've played with you you tried to argue that you could call TEST OR KOS even if no tester existed or was purchased yet. So yeah...You're arguing with staff still.

Yeah, I remember that situation. That was a mistake on my end that I should have been more open to listening for. On the bright side, I won't ever make that mistake again.
(01-12-2018, 04:45 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:03 PM)Everyjuan Wrote: Eh, one of the only times i've played with you you tried to argue that you could call TEST OR KOS even if no tester existed or was purchased yet.  So yeah...You're arguing with staff still.

Yeah, I remember that situation. That was a mistake on my end that I should have been more open to listening for. On the bright side, I won't ever make that mistake again.

Appreciate that.  Every other time we've played, no issues.