Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod App
Ingame Name: Ace1579

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:117863000

Time Played: 646.6 Hours (38800 minutes)

When First Joined: Nov 25, 2015 3:00 AM

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Almost everyday around 3:00 pm to 4:00 am EST (Depending on what day it is)

Sponsor(s): @"Burrito Bowl" @"TheDerpGamer" 

Rank Desired: Mod

Current Rank: Test Mod

What can you do to help the community:  Because of the hours in which I can play I can be up basically all night dealing with the late night RDM's. I am not too limited to which i can play, meaning anyone can message me at anytime they want via steam or discord and i will 90% of the time hop on and handle what needs to be handled

Why you want to help the community: I feel everyone deserves to have a good time (please remove shotguns) when they join this server.  With how often I am on the server; I feel that I would be a great Mod to have on this server. Honestly over the past few months the amount of mods i see on are not that great   ( not calling anyone out). I just wanna make it known that I will be on basically everyday and if anyone needs me they can just msg me and i will come.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): N0

How did you find us?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeinU8HGs7U Saw this 3 years ago and i had to check this server out :P

Other: Derp called me dad :3
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
I'm afraid im going to have to -1.

Literally I NEVER see you do reports. As far as I can tell, you don't really do anything. It doesn't seem like you're very motivated to staff the server.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Gonna have to +0 this personally. Active, fun to play with, and pretty levelheaded but you don't do much in the way of reports (only if it's really flooded, I can't say what you do yourself when you're only staff of course). If you do get it, I think from a staffing perspective you would need to handle more things.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
+1 from me. Consistent, calm, fun to play with, seems to know the rules as well. All things that make a good mod.

Even if you don't report much like the others say @Ace1579 , I think that's a infentesimal reason to deny this app. 

Literally never have seen this guy break a rule other than being a massive nerd . 

He often does play when mods aren't on; having an official mod on during those times would be very beneficial imo.

@Foxka I would reconsider considering ace's playtime, demeanor, and knowledge of the rules.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

-1, there are times where other staff members including myself (when I wasn't busy) would get on while you were on, check the report menu, and see several unfinished reports with only a few of them finished, you have a bad habit of picking and choosing what reports you want to do, you lack interaction with the community outside of the server (discord and forums, etc), yes, a mod during the quiet hours would be nice, but it's not exactly 100% necessary considering that ban requests can be made if need be, if the person is really THAT bad you can probably keep slaying them for as long as you need or karma ban them. You can and should improve on these things as time goes on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
+1 Ace is one of the only staff that I see on almost every single day. Not only does he play almost everyday he plays at random times when other staff are not on. I've been on late at night and he is the only staff on and if he wasn't there it would really suck because that's when people start to RDM. 
He also knows the rules well and he is a really chill dude. From what I've seen most people get along with Ace and he always handles stuff in a good way. I really think it should be obvious that Ace deserves mod. His playtime and general interaction with everyone should show that.
-1 need to do the job if you want to advance. Mod is the last tier (exclude admins) and are well qualified for the position based off experience. I have to agree, I do not see you do reports and will log in to unopened ones. Heck, I don't even know your staffing knowledge based off that, even if I do know you as a player. Basically, I don't know you as a staff member and can't learn anything based of a low forum/community presence.

Side note for +/-1, a "+1 great guy, have fun with him, doesn't end..etc" is not a good reason for moderator, those can be reasons for trusted. Mods replies should focus more on their staffing experience and ability to handle the more advanced parts like training new staff, knowledge of staffing grey areas, etc. This isn't a note on Ace's alone, but just an observation on apps for both TTT and PH.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Well 100% this App is gonna be denied and i probably won't make another after this but, I can gladly say that i am on more often all the other Mods and Tmods on this server (which is kinda a problem)...From what i read so far im getting -1 from not doing reports but, the only reason i would not do reports is if im afk in the server or if Im in the middle of something else and i dont get to them right away. I would never just let like 4 or 5 reports just sit there unfinished. even if it takes some time I still get to the reports. Anyway i hope everyone is have a good day atm but, thats all i gotta say for now :P
(05-12-2018, 10:51 PM)ReThink Wrote: Even if you don't report much like the others say @Ace1579 , I think that's a infentesimal reason to deny this app. 

I don't want to speak for others, but I don't think they were complaining that Ace doesn't report RDMers on the server. I mean I personally can attest that he certainly does.

Rather, they were alleging that Ace does not actively review reports on the server to administer slays and whatnot.

-----------------------------

I play with Ace a lot simply because he plays a ton. I think that's certainly a good feature for a staff member. Unfortunately, many of our upper staff (Mod+) don't play too actively because of other commitments or simply burn out. Even I don't play as often as I should.

So Ace plays quite a bit and does so late at night as well. Both of these are pretty notable distinctions for Ace.

One thing that I'm not a big fan of though is the lack of ban requests. Ace has been a test mod for a pretty long time but has only submitted 4 ban requests. I'm not sure exactly when he became a staff member but I (not to brag but instead to compare) have submitted 50 ban requests since I became a staff member last August. I don't know the full story though. Perhaps you just send proof and requests directly to an upper staff member. If so, that's great. If not, I find it a little hard to believe that you've only encountered 4 ban worthy people.

Ace, I'd like to thank you for your work on the server. Best of luck with your application here.
(05-13-2018, 03:21 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: One thing that I'm not a big fan of though is the lack of ban requests. Ace has been a test mod for a pretty long time but has only submitted 4 ban requests. I'm not sure exactly when he became a staff member but I (not to brag but instead to compare) have submitted 50 ban requests since I became a staff member last August. I don't know the full story though. Perhaps you just send proof and requests directly to an upper staff member. If so, that's great. If not, I find it a little hard to believe that you've only encountered 4 ban worthy people.

I have encountered more than 4 people but most of the time the regulars and others on the Server say that they will put up a ban request so I just let them do it because it will help them out later on.