Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detective equipment: Peace Sentry
Can these please be removed? They are indiscriminate in who they shoot regardless of if you shoot a traitor or not and don't exactly keep peace, but disrupt it. I've been killed countless times by these metal monstrosities over shooting a traitor or defending myself, and all they do is just cause trouble.

Alternatively, if they cant be removed, change the rule so if you kill a traitor in front of a sentry, you can shoot the sentry in self-defense and not get rdmed for it.
Welcome to the Mass RDM turret.
Live by the turret, die by the turret.
It only love its creator, and hates all else.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(05-24-2018, 05:46 PM)Aiser Wrote: Can these please be removed? They are indiscriminate in who they shoot regardless of if you shoot a traitor or not and don't exactly keep peace, but disrupt it. I've been killed countless times by these metal monstrosities over shooting a traitor or defending myself, and all they do is just cause trouble.

Alternatively, if they cant be removed, change the rule so if you kill a traitor in front of a sentry, you can shoot the sentry in self-defense and not get rdmed for it.

You do understand why they shoot all violent non-detectives, right? If they shot only traitors who fired, then it would be a cheap and OP way to test people by just shooting and/or volunteering to be hit once to test. It would basically out traitors, which equipment (save the DNA scanner) shouldn't be able to do on it's own.

Your second point makes sense though; if you're a proven inno who is under fire from the sentry you should be allowed to destroy it, otherwise the rest of the rules regarding equipment should stay.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(05-24-2018, 10:55 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 05:46 PM)Aiser Wrote: Can these please be removed? They are indiscriminate in who they shoot regardless of if you shoot a traitor or not and don't exactly keep peace, but disrupt it. I've been killed countless times by these metal monstrosities over shooting a traitor or defending myself, and all they do is just cause trouble.

You do understand why they shoot all violent non-detectives, right? If they shot only traitors who fired, then it would be a cheap and OP way to test people by just shooting and/or volunteering to be hit once to test. It would basically out traitors, which equipment (save the DNA scanner) shouldn't be able to do on it's own.

Your second point makes sense though; if you're a proven inno who is under fire from the sentry you should be allowed to destroy it, otherwise the rest of the rules regarding equipment should stay.
The stupid thing is they shoot detectives too, just not the owner.

Remove the whole shitty thing imo the rarely work as intended
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
But what else is there to waste all your credits on if you've been a good detect, killing T's and you have a bunch of creds that you do not want to give to the T's incase of your demise...
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(05-25-2018, 06:23 AM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: But what else is there to waste all your credits on if you've been a good detect, killing T's and you have a bunch of creds that you do not want to give to the T's incase of your demise...

I like filling rooms with 5+ turrets to keep the peace permanently 
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

I also like to fill a room with a few of these. Even better when I throw a smoke grenade down near them as a T will shoot you and die immediately. Won a round as Detective just last night doing this as the gun fight went on between everyone and the T's killed themselves via turret because they never saw it.

I also remember being told l think by Ace that they would never remove the turret. If they did remove the RDM turret, I would hope for a replacement version. I always would like one similar to Battlefield 2142's mobile hovering turret, followed you around and shot only those you designated an enemy ( not on its own ). If a Detective marked someone a Traitor, only then would it fire (aside from the detective being shot at).

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/arti...217933.jpg
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
Even if they don't remove it I think we would benefit from at least changing the rules to allow provens to destroy them.

I personally feel like they offer no value and that if we have rules to punish rdm, it seems counterintuitive to have something referred to as an rdm turret. 

They removed pigeon bombs and a bird cam, but keeping this in just doesnt make sense to me.
I think we should replace it with the golden deagle.
(05-25-2018, 10:51 PM)The Spy Is A Lie Wrote: I think we should replace it with the golden deagle.

You want to replace everything with the golden deagle
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)