Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had to get this off my chest
(11-16-2018, 01:35 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 01:17 PM)Nico Di Angelo Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 12:30 PM)Dakota Wrote: Look we make the decisions cause we judge characters very well. We’ve been around a very long time. I have been in dink’s since 2015. I’ve seen a lot of personalities pass through. I’ve been inactive cause my gmod wouldn’t load for the longest time. It’s just crash when I’d launch. But I don’t play favorites yes I like people more than others but not how I roll. Hani has had absolutely nothing negative said about her. You on the other hand I’ve heard thing. We may not play much but people still tell us everything

Just use an alt, helped my game originally

Just going to go and not say anything?

Also sorry to divert from main topic of this discussion.
Picture won’t load

Fixed it

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
In this thread dinkleberg outlines that admins that do not maintain 10 hours every 2 weeks will be demoted. The post says to moderator, but it ended up being to the nonvoting Inactive Admin role.  I assumed this would be a thing that we actually did, so when it was announced and I had little activity I voluntarily got demoted to Inactive Admin. I stopped voting in bans, unbans, and staff apps. This is because I think it is unreasonable to form a real opinion on any of these things, especially staff apps without ever really interacting with someone. If your entire opinion is through other people telling you something, then their perspective influences your own such that your opinion isn't really your own.

And I find it unreasonable to judge someone from the forums alone when the question is how they conduct themselves ingame. The positions are for staff ingame after all, so I think its a bit silly to never even see someone playing the game for months or ever and to formulate an opinion. As for "being back from a break" given as a reason for your rejection: I think that to be unreasonable as well, seeing as you've been consistently active for months. Perhaps there is another reason, but activity certainly shouldn't be it.

I don't think the fact that Hani's app was approved in such little time, is necessarily an act of favoritism. Rather I think it is an act of ignorance born of inactivity. The fact that some people didn't see how it was even a problem that some apps take weeks, while one gets done in minutes is telling of being out of touch. This is not a personal attack on my fellow staff, but an appeal to reason. People just want active staff. That's why additional admins (who are also now inactive) were originally promoted, that's why the thread I linked at the start exists. People justifiably want to be judged by someone who they at least meet, not from the shadows or from nowhere at all. Which is pretty reasonable.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(11-16-2018, 12:30 PM)Dakota Wrote: Look we make the decisions cause we judge characters very well. We’ve been around a very long time. I have been in dink’s since 2015. I’ve seen a lot of personalities pass through. I’ve been inactive cause my gmod wouldn’t load for the longest time. It’s just crash when I’d launch. But I don’t play favorites yes I like people more than others but not how I roll. Hani has had absolutely nothing negative said about her. You on the other hand I’ve heard thing. We may not play much but people still tell us everything

It would be great if that was communicated to me when I was denied, rather than me having to pester every online admin just to get a reason why I was denied. How am I supposed to improve upon something if I'm given no information as to why that decision was made? Other than being told that "I had come back from an extended break", I still haven't really been told the reason behind my denial.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(11-16-2018, 02:16 PM)queef commando Wrote: In this thread dinkleberg outlines that admins that do not maintain 10 hours every 2 weeks will be demoted. The post says to moderator, but it ended up being to the nonvoting Inactive Admin role.  I assumed this would be a thing that we actually did, so when it was announced and I had little activity I voluntarily got demoted to Inactive Admin. I stopped voting in bans, unbans, and staff apps. This is because I think it is unreasonable to form a real opinion on any of these things, especially staff apps without ever really interacting with someone. If your entire opinion is through other people telling you something, then their perspective influences your own such that your opinion isn't really your own.

And I find it unreasonable to judge someone from the forums alone when the question is how they conduct themselves ingame. The positions are for staff ingame after all, so I think its a bit silly to never even see someone playing the game for months or ever and to formulate an opinion. As for "being back from a break" given as a reason for your rejection: I think that to be unreasonable as well, seeing as you've been consistently active for months. Perhaps there is another reason, but activity certainly shouldn't be it.

I don't think the fact that Hani's app was approved in such little time, is necessarily an act of favoritism. Rather I think it is an act of ignorance born of inactivity. The fact that some people didn't see how it was even a problem that some apps take weeks, while one gets done in minutes is telling of being out of touch. This is not a personal attack on my fellow staff, but an appeal to reason. People just want active staff. That's why additional admins (who are also now inactive) were originally promoted, that's why the thread I linked at the start exists. People justifiably want to be judged by someone who they at least meet, not from the shadows or from nowhere at all. Which is pretty reasonable.

Seeing as this is sometimes a problem where some of the admins are extremely busy and there are very few to formulate a actual representative vote should some of the level headed, almost admin material, mods be promoted to more of a collective vote board. Add another section to the discord for votes to get a more together view of the people applying instead of just what admins have heard about the player? Also the staff who would like to sponsor the player to be promoted would be able to get into the channel to post their views on the player. Just an idea that’s not totally put together but I think it would be a sorta nice addition in some ways.
(11-16-2018, 07:49 AM)Temmie Ferret Wrote: well, you aren't a mean person, but its not a good one too, you know very well the rules BUT you're always on edge of the rules.
Don't take it to the personal side, because i would be glad if you change this on you and become a staff, BUT YOU HAVE A FUCKING HUGE EGO and you never accept your own mistakes, always doing everything to put the fault the shit you did on the other people.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond to this, but would you like to explain further, maybe provide an example?
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Great whole post erased. Posting this here to remind myself to reply in a bit

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(11-16-2018, 09:24 AM)nopleez Wrote: The problem is that most of the admins and mods are inactive. They have very little involvement in the community/server beyond Discord, yet they make all the decisions.

This is a great point, but it raises a question.

What do we do about it?

We've already tried the "demotion to mod" threat and then the "Inactive Admin" rank which worked somewhat until we stopped implementing it.
We've promoted 3 people to admin since the two above solutions were tried. Two of them resigned, and the other is pretty much inactive himself.
Another admin may be a help, but who's to say they won't go inactive as well? Hell, we've made a meme about being inactive becoming a requirement for admin.

So where do we go from here?
I was surprised that you actually got denied. I was even more surprised hearing for what reason lel.
Admins should be more active. Lately I’m inactive on the server and I heard admins are more active lately, which is good because the key to a succesfull server is active staff. Especially upper staff. Usually (barely) when Dink gets on and there are only a handfull of players, it takes about 1 map rotation and boom the server is packed lel. The same kinda works with admins like this.

Btw nopleez and queef, you gotem.
Greetings, 
Swartsy
I always wondered what the point was about giving +1s or -1s on apps were for if they didn't do anything. I think a good solution to some of this would to give other players besides admins a vote on the forums. Maybe have each admin count as 2 votes, mods as 1, tmods as .5, and trusted and certain donors/regulars as like .25 votes. That way people who can play on the server consistently can give valid opinion on people.