Dinkleberg's GMod
rylo for dictator - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: TTT Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Thread: rylo for dictator (/showthread.php?tid=13188)

rylo for dictator - Rylo Ken - 12-01-2020

Ingame Name: Rylo Ken

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:418240939
Discord Tag: jtully84#6390

Time Played: 604.797 hours

When First Joined: late 2017

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): prolly 6pm est to 1:30 am

Rank Desired: trusted

Current Rank: supporter

What can you do to help the community: honestly i just want to help out since ive noticed a mod shortage around the hours i am available most.

Why you want to help the community: I have been apart of this community for 3 years now and I just think its time that i can do more to help out the actually decent staff.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): never, and for good reason because i was a retard even a few months ago

How did you find us?: idk 

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): yes

Other: I know the main criticism i will have is my repetion in usage of soundpad, and i will PERMANENTLY uninstall soundpad assuming i get trusted which i probably wont. I will take trusted seriously, :-)

RE: rylo for dictator - Nicol Bolas - 12-01-2020

(12-01-2020, 08:47 PM)Rylo Ken Wrote: Other: I know the main criticism i will have is my repetion in usage of soundpad, 

Actually I believe the main criticism will being demoted to supporter for abuse of power. Which you did on purpose

RE: rylo for dictator - Battons - 12-01-2020

To Rylo:
I think you have a great personality and bring a lot to the server as a regular, everyone has a goofy side to them and its ok to let that show through. What miffs me is just general asshatery for lack of a better term. My question for you would be what behaviors about yourself do you think can be improved upon other than the soundboard?
I think the fact he intentionally went for supporter doesn't matter too much either. Lastly Now that you're on our radar, approved or denied, I think there will be some good ideas for you. Good Luck! +1
To Everyone Else:
I haven't been too active lately but I think the biggest thing people should consider when they read this is Rylo right now performing as a staff should be? People change overtime and we shouldn't judge someone based solely on their past.

RE: rylo for dictator - Dummy Thicc Noodle Lady - 12-01-2020

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=13184

Let’s just say a -1 for this one. You’ve got a fresh report against you and you have purposely mic spammed with a soundboard just to irritate staff in the past. Kind of fucked up your chances.

RE: rylo for dictator - Jammin - 12-01-2020

I am treating this as an actual staff application since it was posted in this section, and actually followed the format.

Quoting you from your *active* ban request:

(12-01-2020, 06:55 PM)Rylo Ken Wrote: also unban requests are just cock sucking for the staff
You actively troll and cause headaches for staff members in terms of micspam, slurs, etc. You have 3 active warnings since October 16th) for micspam - one of these playing a soundclip that harasses another player.

With regards to the player that the soundclip harasses, you stated:

(09-12-2020, 03:43 PM)Rylo Ken Wrote: I realize that I am the main abuser of these voice clips and am deeply sorry. I am also glad you made this post to make most of us aware of your feelings on the clips. Effective immediately I will remove all clips from my soundboard and stop using them not only in dinks, but anywhere. Hopefully I can lead by example to stop, or at the bare minimum reduce the use of the clips.

you played the soundclip, which I will not name as it names the person, on 11/24 and you were warned for it.

Additionally, I notice the following issues:
-Demoted to supporter from donor via donor abuse (not via asking for it and waiting to get it)
-No ban requests posted
-Do not follow rules relating to micspam
-Actively defy staff on server - as a staff member you would need to follow the guidelines/direction given by higher-ranking staff members, as well as work with your fellow staff members of any ranking.

However, there are positives:
-Active in community
-Follow most in-game rules (relating to RDM, etc.)
-Seem to know the gameplay rules well.

If you are being serious with your application for staff, and truely want to become a staff member, you have a lot of work to do.
I'd advise the following:
-Uninstall the goddamn sound board
-Stop the micspam altogether
-File some ban requests
-Assist guest players with information about !css, ect. in game as needed

Due to the obvious issues i described above, this is an easy denial of support from me.
A 180 in in-game behavior would be necessary in order for me to support you.

Good luck with your application, Rylo.

RE: rylo for dictator - Gabeolo - 12-02-2020

This is a joke, read the discord.

RE: rylo for dictator - Jammin - 12-02-2020

(12-02-2020, 12:06 AM)Gabeolo Wrote: This is a joke, read the discord.
It's not posted in shitposting, so I'll treat it with the seriousness that any staff app deserves unless it is moved there.

RE: rylo for dictator - synthray - 12-03-2020

-1 due to the context. «demoted to supporter for abuse of power» is not a good thing to know about you. After all, Staff has the power to turn things sterile to the point of not being fun anymore or be permissive enough to let terrible people do their nonsense. Something in between is what I try to do.

Please also note that by saying «and i will PERMANENTLY uninstall soundpad assuming i get trusted which i probably wont.» you're trying to turn a Staff application, which is a voluntary action into a negociation. I won't negociate the rules.

Gabeolo pointed that it was a joke, but since it's not in Shitposting it deserves a normal treatment.

RE: rylo for dictator - Nicol Bolas - 12-08-2020

At this time your application for the trusted position has been denied. If you are actually serious about obtaining staff there are a few things noted in the feedback of this application that you can work towards. You may reapply no earlier than 01/01/21 but I would recommend ensuring you are confident you worked on the things noted.