Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since Dink Doesn't Want to Remove My Rank
Ingame Name:
My in-game name is Harmless_Potato.

Steam ID:
My Steam ID is STEAM_0:0:199119627.

Time Played:
I have played on the server for 1,103 hours mainly as Harmless_Potato and originally as Levesque98.

When First Joined: 
February 14, 2021 07:00PM  CST.

Availability: 
I am available Monday-Thursday 5:30PM-11:30PM, Friday 5:30PM-11:59PM/Saturday 1200AM-2:00AM/11:00AM-11:59AM, and Sunday 11:00AM-11:30PM Central time zone.

Rank Desired:
I am desiring the rank of Tmod.

Current Rank: 
Technically Donor/Regular, but I still have my Tmod rank lol

What can you do to help the community?:
I am extremely active amongst the Dinkleberg community, so I am able to reliably hop on to staff pings. I know the Prop Hunt rules very well, and I have the PH Staff Guidelines open on another monitor to ensure I am dishing out a proper punishments accordingly. With 78 ban requests, I fully know what to look for in regards of the difference between hackers and ghosters. Most importantly I strive to maintain server behavior, whether that would be mic spam, toxicity, racism, etc.

Why do you want to help the community?: 
I have played a lot of Prop Hunt, and I absolutely love it. Most of my gaming free-time is spent on the Prop Hunt server. And I want to do everything I can to ensure that Dinkleberg's Prop Hunt is a safe place and fun place for everyone that legitimately wants to play Prop Hunt. I have had the upmost great time here, and I want to continue my efforts to make sure everyone else has the same fun experience as I have!

Have you previously been banned?:
Yes, once for time-farming for 24 hours. Wasn't truly time-farming, I just had a problem of getting too tired late in the night and going to bed without disconnecting, whoops lol. This hasn't happened in over a year though. (No relevant ban post). I'm getting tired of putting this in my staff apps lmao.

Have you previously applied for staff?: 
Yes-
  1. Prop Hunt 

1. Discord 

1. Web Staff

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots?:
Yes, I use NVIDIA ShadowPlay for recordings, and Windows snipping tool for screenshots.

How did you find us?: Why or how did you end up picking our server out of the many others?:
A friend had suggested this server to play prop hunt one day, and I just stuck around, and I'm still here unfortunately lol.

Other: 
Tmod
  • At least 1-2 months depending on the person with forum activity(8+ threads): 
    I have 3 months as Trusted, 5 months of Tmod, and a decent thread activity of 113 threads with this app (78 ban requests).
  • Active membership in the discord: 
    I'm on the Discord everyday.

Other: Some potential FAQ:
  • I'm worried about you burning out again: 
    I wasn't really burnt out, just wanted a break from staffing the server and have been balancing out IRL stuff and server playtime more accordingly.
  • Why do you deserve Tmod?: 
    I staffed for 8 months this year, and I know what to look for in regards to ghosting/hacking, know the rules very well, and want to continue where I left off by helping where I can.
  • Why do you want to come back to staffing Prop Hunt?:
    I honestly miss it. I love being able to help the server out by maintaining a good atmosphere! I wanted a break to see if I really wanted to continue staffing Prop Hunt, and I miss it lol. Also wanted to find the balance of IRL and the server, and I've only been putting in a few hours a week to minimize the chance of burn out.

All negative and positive feedback is wanted! Please deny this so I can be gone forever, JK lollllll
???????? ??????
The most helpful and efficient staff we used to have, and losing him was a huge loss for the server, now that he is actually coming back, it's a chance that we should not waste, I see no problem making him a tmod again.

And technically he didn't resign since he still has his rank... LMAO
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]
I don't think you should let Dink's inactivity influence your desire to staff again. (Meaning you still have your rank and you're helping out and feel positive about it.) I know that it can be fun to staff and help out when you're not required to do so but overall I don't think it's a good idea for you to come back to staffing for PH. 

This is coming from someone who came back immediately to staffing PH after being sick to death of how things were being handled only for things to remain unchanged. 

It's purely personal opinion of course but I don't think it'll mean anything positive for you. 

We all appreciate the time and commitment that you've put into the community but is this really something you want to do or is it just the by-product of you using your powers that have been neglected to be removed?

Maybe I'm just a negative person. Anyways good luck with either route you'd like to take. 

I also really never agreed with the whole stepping back into Tmod directly from donor/regular. I know you can do it but it's really about if it should be done. Sorry if any of this sounds hostile. Typing directly after work has never made me sound optimistic.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I don't like how in the "What can you do to help the community" section you mainly talk about "dishing out punishments" and how many ban requests you have made. Moderators should try to de-escalate chaotic player lobbies so people are chilling and having a good time, not go looking through the rule book for what giant red warning they should dump in chat. Obviously you have to mute and ban some people, but it should never be a focus and is not the ultimate goal of server moderators. That's just my opinion though, I've never actually played with you, that was just part of your application that put me off.
eh,

his rank isnt removed, and he wants to staff again.

path of least resistance says let him staff

also hes a good staff
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Even though I think "unresigning" from a staff rank is a bullshit practice it has been allowed before for admins of ttt, so why shouldn't a tmod who wants to come back not be allowed to come back to staffing? Especially if they want to help the community and already do as discord and forum staff. 

No vote because I don't play ph.
(10-08-2023, 11:17 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: -snip-
Sorry if that sounded like I just punish people lol. I always verbally warn someone before muting/gagging people. I'm a pretty lenient staff member, but know when to put my foot down on certain circumstances. I don't want to un-resign from PH staff just to punish people, that's the opposite of what I want to do. I want to insure Dinks Prop Hunt is a fun and safe place for people that want to legitimately play.
???????? ??????
(10-08-2023, 11:30 PM)Damien Wrote: Even though I think "unresigning" from a staff rank is a bullshit practice it has been allowed before for admins of ttt, so why shouldn't a tmod who wants to come back not be allowed to come back to staffing? Especially if they want to help the community and already do as discord and forum staff. 

No vote because I don't play ph.

Unresigning has never happened before in this community ever.

Potato was pretty good staff when he was first around. If the staff team wants additional help and think Potato still has the ability, +1.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Lol of course dink didn't remove your rank. RIP
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(10-11-2023, 07:42 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: Lol of course dink didn't remove your rank. RIP

Bro removed mine and forgot everyone else :sob:
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]