Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Staff Application: Twice in a Blue Raider
Ingame Name: Raider Hanks

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:80360476

Time Played: 953.25 Hours. (133.25 higher than my trusted application)

When First Joined: March 2015, Activity wasn't constant until 2018's Summer.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): During the day. Predominantly on weekends. Depends on my college schedule. I am in EST.

Rank Desired: T-mod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: As a T-mod, I can further improve my effort in attempting to enforce the rules of Dinkleberg's TTT. I have been staff in Dinkleberg's for about 700 of the 950 hours I have on TTT. As a Trusted, an individual can only do reports, issue minor punishments, and create ban requests. If an individual is kicked, they sometimes rejoin to continue doing whatever it was that got them kicked. I once had someone rejoin at least 100 times simply to continue ear-raping. Until a test moderator or mod was able to get on to ban them, I was at their annoying mercy. Test moderators, still having the powers of a trusted, can also bring players and issue temporary bans through the karma system. I worked myself up the ranks once before and achieved Moderator, correlating to experience with staffing in the community.

Why you want to help the community: The best way to maintain a server is to keep its rules enforced. If a gang of trolls or toxic individuals run rampant, it could turn away newer plays and cause older players to leave the community. If a game isn't fun, no one wants to continue suffering through it. As an individual with experience, I want to be able to provide a use for it. Having wasted about 2400 hours into gmod, I want to make sure that the rest on my time on the game is in a fun environment

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts):  Nothing legitimate. Just joke bans by fellow staff. 

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 
First Moderator
Second Trusted (Denied)
Second Trusted (Accepted)
How did you find us?: Randomly searching when my main server (at the time) was having a slow morning. 

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Ye brother.

Other: 

• I have been busy with midterms and papers this past week, so my time for the last 5 days in nonexistent. Tis the life of a college student. 
  • On the issue of my past resignations, I do in fact acknowledge the possible issue with them. For a better clarification of them, I provided a larger response in my Second Trusted Applications and made an entire thread about them. 
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
i remember when you unresigned from staff 2-3 times and the biased admins at the time gave it back to you

also i hear youre really insensitive, racist, and a lot of other really bad things. idk if thats true but just the fact that its rumored is pretty bad
My attitude in the server has not changed since the time of first being staff. The insensitivity may be attributed to how blunt I can be. On the sever, forums, and discord I do not endorse or support any racism. Like any rule breakings, I punish according accordingly.

I always appreciate you bring up valid points of issue, Laced.
I really think you should wait to apply when you're not literally swamped with classes. The reason why I say this is because you're already going to be lacking in availability due to school, which is completely understandable, but it does present an inconvenience. 

For that, I'm going to -1 you. Once you have a higher activity due to school easing up, I'll most likely +1 you.
@Salty Swamped with classes wouldn't be the right word. My workload is actually very manageable. Its just that I put school before games when projects, papers, or exams are occurring. Don't you do the same?
I feel like having raider available for 80% of the time with ability to bring and karma ban is good enough - take your time off as needed to study for classes. School obviously comes first.
He has been staff before, any concerns regarding resignations do not mitigate his experience. I've played with Raider quite a bit and have been treated fairly.

+1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(10-12-2020, 08:51 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: @Salty Swamped with classes wouldn't be the right word. My workload is actually very manageable. Its just that I put school before games when projects, papers, or exams are occurring. Don't you do the same?

Sorry I meant to reply to this. Yes, I do. I also think you do a good job as staff and your previous experience is valid; I'm changing my vote to a +1. Best of luck on your app!
I mean you are rather stinky, but I'll give you my +1 since you are a good staffer and are fair with punishments.
[img][Image: bAal77J.gif]
+1 is prety good staff. Tolerates my cancer 10/10.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
+1 Raider was a pretty cool guy when I was playing about 6 months ago. Doubt that's changed since then.
He/Him/His