Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jammin for Jammod
Ingame Name: Jammin

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:243663343
Discord Tag: jammin#8313

Time Played: 650 hours

When First Joined: June 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): EST, available 6 PM to Midnight weekdays, all day weekends

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Moderator

What can you do to help the community: As a moderator, the main privledge granted is the ability to ban while in game, as well as answer to any community ban requests. I feel that I have proven my skills in evidence gathering, and that I can handle the ability to ban correctly. I also feel that I have proven myself to be familiar with the rules and able to handle reports and other rule-related issues in an unbiased fashion.
In addition to being able to keep server integrity clean during heavy hours (by being able to ban the trolls as needed, in line with our guidelines), I want to help improve gamplay aspects - namely the rules that govern our server. I've been vocal about my opinions regarding the micspam rule set, but I also feel that certain gameplay rules need some tweaking and organization. I feel that the MOTD should be shorter but contain more reference links (e.g. don't list any map-specific reasons to KOS - hyperlink a thread there). I also want to be involved more with the test team, and organize more "load-testing" of features, to ensure that they are thoroughly vetted before they are put onto the main server. I have a good "baseline" PC that struggles with some in-game mechanics now. So any item that passes my PC should work on the average computer. Now, I don't need the moderator role to make strives in these areas - and I plan to engage in these areas regardless of the final outcome of this applicaiton. But, I do feel that as a moderator, extra initiative should be shown beyond the "ban requests" - and I feel like this is an area that I can really take charge in.

Tl,DR because i'm tired and it is 3 am: I want to improve the wording/organization/size of the MOTD, and I'd like to see more thorough testing to avoid the next "barnacle" from being added.
Why you want to help the community: This community is a good escape for me as IRL friendships are on hold due to the pandemic. I want to see my escape from reality bolster into something better than it is now. Not to say that it isn't fun and awesome now - but such is the nature of improvements, that they can improve something awesome to something even more so. I've had a blast while playing GMod in this community - and I want to see it continue to strive.
Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): I was banned for 1 minute by @Chris Farley for RDM and leave (for a slay I gave myself before my audio crashed lmao)

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 

How did you find us?: Server browser, server name sounded cool and unique

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes

Other: 

Ive tried to improve in my areas of struggle. I feel that I am familiar with the rules to the point that I can handle any situation independently. I've been able to do so thus far.
However, I want to comment on areas where I feel that I've improved:
-Handling issues of harassment
-Identifying aimbots
-Handle exploits better
-Eased up on micspam gag/mutes, etc.
Im still going to struggle to distinguish edgier statements from stuff that shouldn't be allowed in our server - and I will continue to consult staff as appropriate to get advice on these issues.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Ja. +1.
Professional, reliable and very helpful member.
+1 dont tell me to provide reasoning
[Image: xdjlve.png]
+1. 
Really shouldn't be a discussion for this. Jammin does his job well and always acts in a professional manner. 
When it comes to trolls joining the server he can easily handle the situation and I am sure giving him mod will make the TTT server a better place.
[Image: shshy.gif?width=953&height=149]
I'm going to keep my comments brief because we all already know how good of a staff member Jammin is. Mature, capable, calm, professional, friendly, can banter even with the trolls, doesn't over/under punish. I don't think anyone would be surprised to see Jammin as an admin in the future, he reminds me a lot of EpicGuy. He should be promoted to moderator.
actually  to good for this server dudes way to smart to be a mod on a gmod server so enjoy him why u can +1
+1 go ahead and give him co owner while we're at it
PUMP THE JAM! PUMP IT UP.

Hey Jammin,

You have been a great TMOD and a great staff member. Always communicative to ideas and understand the server and its community. I've experienced the case with you that you made a mistake (It happens) and instead of instigating about it, you owned up to it and set it right. One thing from my learnings as a leader through school and experience is that taking responsibility is essential and you for sure have that quality about you.

Final Vote +1. 
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
100% one of the best staff members I have came across in roughly 2 or 3 years. He literally DESERVES moderator. Even when he is not actively trying to staff and play normally he is still very courteous, patient, and helpful. Never have I seen or experienced abused of his powers in all my time of playing. +1
+1 Jammin is chill and he knows the rules very well.