Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have to Stop 1984
Ingame Name: BillyBob

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:55941536
Discord Tag: Papa Ian #3197

Time Played: 700+ 

When First Joined: June 2015

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 7-10PM Weekdays, most anytime weekends. 

Rank Desired: Admin

Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community: The best way in which I can help this community is simply by providing a third admin to help take the stress off of Bryan and Nicol. With our community continuing to grow, it is quite a large expectation to expect the current admins to be developers, testers, community managers, and generally TTT community reps all rolled into one. While I certainly do not have much knowledge in terms of LUA, I can provide myself to be the guinea pig for their tests, and am also always down to learning as much as I can. Most importantly I can provide myself to be the community manager while Bryan and Nicol can focus on playtesting, which takes that extra burden off of them. I feel that I have a personality that allows myself to get along with a lot of our members in the community, which can potentially help bridge any gaps that may exist between our staff and players. I can also serve as the person who screens potential staff members and takes the brunt of that responsibility off the other admins. Overall I think I would serve as a good middle man between staff and our players to ensure everyone is having what is most important, fun. 
Why you want to help the community: I have been in the Dinks Community for 8 years and have seen many eras come and go. I feel that the current staff we have are some of the best in awhile, and I especially appreciate the dedications of the other admins. Because of this I want to do my part in helping remove some burdens from them to prevent our staff team from burning out, and to help this community grow. My ability to help is greater than what I'm able to do in my current position.
Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts):
How did you find us?: Randomly scrolling back in 2014 after my old community I was an admin in shutdown. 

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): There are no question for this position

Other: Due to me preferring to not respond to my applications unless someone asks me a question, I'll address a potential sticking point now. Yes, I do currently have 3 forum warns consisting of a post "Please do not shitpost in a ban request", "Your honor he juju on that beat" and an expired warn "Your honor I did not have sexual relations with that women" in a ban request from PH where the players name was BillyBob. There has also been a complaint of me in Discord that during conversations I would delete a message to joke around. While I found those to be harmless, it is also within each section to hold their own set of rules and once I was asked to stop, I have. Open to any questions. tl;tr i will stop 1984 and save dinks ttt
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
I'm genuinely torn on this. I think your personality is full of jokes, and you definitely know how to bring a fun time to the server whenever you're around. Unlike certain individuals, you are able to maintain a fun personality almost all of the time, in countless hours of playing with you i've never seen you serious or uptight. With that being said, I have two questions

How do you believe you would deal with difficult situations, when it comes to unban appeals and staff applications?

Do you think as admin you can put any biases aside towards friends? I don't think you show any anyways, just a genuine question!

also: hopefully no one tries to mention gametracker bc 100% activity in server isn't required (;
-1 You already troll and abuse your power enough on the discord server without admin perms. You are the only staff member I've seen actually abuse their perms on the discord server after being told to stop time and time again. So from my experience, you're one of the least responsible people on the TTT staff team. I realize the discord server is not TTT, but when you're an admin, you represent your gamemode's community throughout the rest of the community, and the only thing I've seen from you in my part of the community is immaturity.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
i have one question.
what would you add to the admin team?
if the only reason you think you should be an admin is to lessen the load on bryan and nicol, then all current active mods should apply right now.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
I am against you becoming admin at this time. Part of being an admin is knowing when to joke and when to be serious. Part of being an admin is respecting the wishes of the server admins when it comes to the server they oversee. I understand that PH can be an "inviting" target to troll, but PH has always been clear that we would like people to post serious replies on applications, ban requests, and unban requests.

We've asked the community (including you) to stop ghosting pinging/joke pinging the on-call PH staff tag, but people continue to do it regardless. I don't particularly care if people joke ping me alone in the PH section of the discord, I can mute those. However, the on-call PH staff tag still sends me a notification. Do you want to know why it's set that way? Our PH server occasionally gets attacked by a guy who likes to direct users to illegal images pertaining to minors. We have 3 admins that can ban using our phones. If that guy shows up, we want to act quickly, so that's why I don't suppress the on-call ping. Luckily, he hasn't bothered us in 1.5 months, but the PH admins still need to watch out for him. Joke pinging on-call PH staff is just rude and we would like it to stop.

As a TTT moderator, you should be setting an example to the community. You want to troll? Fine, but leave PH and our staff out of it.
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
-1. I believe everyone has made great points so far. Admin requires at higher level maturity than mod. You can fuck around and all that, but when asked to stop: you stop; Furthermore, there are only few admins currently because most of the mods we have now are simply not cut out for it. It's also a position you typically shouldn't apply for even though some have gotten it that way in the past.

Also like derp said, I'm intrested in what makes you stick out from other mods. Right now the only thing that sticks out is the trolling.
former admin2
(10-21-2022, 09:44 PM)VICE Wrote: i have one question.
what would you add to the admin team?
if the only reason you think you should be an admin is to lessen the load on bryan and nicol, then all current active mods should apply right now.

As aforementioned above I would be in more of a community manager/monitor roll if that makes sense. Within a fairly often basis Bryan is messaged with concerns from players whether that be evidence of harassment, or so on and so forth. I would be the person who hopefully will be engaged enough in the community that welcomes people to trust me in bringing those issues. 

As also said I feel that I have a unique personality that would be brought to the table when having server discussions. While Staff applications, rule changes, unbans, etc. are normally discussed through the forums, the admins are the ones that have the final discussion. I would essentially be that 3rd voice in the conversation that can hopefully bring different perspectives of the community to the table. I would also be advocating different ways in which we handle our ban system, in the ways in which we either loosely or harshly punish players. 

As I said I'm also willing to learn anything to the best of my ability so eventually I could become another assistant in their dev process.
Really had to make this 10 days before my staff app huh?

Personally, I like BillyBob and I think he's a good guy, but it it looks like the trolling and abuse in the discord is way too much. I don't think it's malicious as in to purposefully have fun at the expense of others, I think it's just him not understanding that what he is doing is annoying and not funny to most people. Overall, I'm a -1 to you becoming admin but I hope this doesn't dissuade you from wanting to be an admin. Good luck on your admin app!
this is a shitpost so i think you are fat +1
I'd prefer to not do this since I thought mentioning it would be suffice, but I'll bring it up once and then let it drop for whatever people would wish to formulate:

I've never received a strike in discord. The "ghost ping problem" is a one time thing I did back in the summer saying "hacker on ph" to which I stopped and didn't do again. The abusing powers and deleting messages is me deleting @Norm Minder messages when we are joking back and forth. It hasn't been an issue in awhile not so I'm not sure why it is still brought up as if I am somehow abusing the discord daily.

I’m not sure how long time has to pass before an instance is deemed not, but I can’t go back in change the past, all I know is I was screwing around 3-4 months ago, was told to stop, stopped, and it’s still being brought up.

I have more to say on it but I'll refrain so that this doesn't turn into any drama.