Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vape Nayshe Y'all
I know I've been pretty wordy in the last couple of these, so aiming for a bit more brevity here. Lmk how I did

Ingame Name: Ryan722

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:58210359
Discord Tag: Ryan722#0964

Time Played: 400+ hours (2w 2d 16h)
[Image: image.png]

When First Joined: 7/22/22

Availability: 
    Timezone: US East (EST/EDT)
    Weekdays: Evenings/Nights, 6PM - 12 AM (more recently I've been on around 8PM - 1AM)
    Weekends: All day

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Mod

What can you do to help the community:

What I Do Already:
  • I play on the server frequently and respond to TTT On-Call pings whenever I'm available. When I'm on the server, I'm proactive about handling reports and dealing with other rules being broken. At the same time, I try to foster a fun and positive environment by interacting and making friends with new and existing players.
  • I’m familiar with the rules and punishment guidelines. In the last two months, I’ve become quite a bit more knowledgeable about edge cases and gray areas in our rules, and have offered clarification to other staff members when needed.
  • I'm actively involved in community discussions on Discord and the forums. I leave thorough and thoughtful feedback on ban requests and staff applications when applicable. I'm also an active participant in discussions in the staff Discord, and start meaningful conversations about unclear rules, things that should maybe be changed, etc.
  • As a member of the TTT dev team, and one of two Lua developers for the server, I make changes and custom additions to server addons, test content for upcoming updates, and help organize the development workflow.
What I Could Do as Moderator:
  • Be able to more promptly deal with players deserving of bans. I would save the existing Moderator's time and energy by not having to create ban requests for them to handle, and could take an additional load off by helping to take care of other people's ban requests.
  • Make space in the intermediate staff ranks for current Trusteds to move into, and serve as a mentor to both Trusteds and TMods to improve our strength as a team. Anything from situational questions, to rule clarifications, to Lua help, I'm happy to lend a hand with.
  • Have a bigger say in various community/server-related discussions (unban requests, rule updates, player punishments, etc.). I'm open minded and well experienced, and having done a good portion of my staff development in other communities, I can offer ideas and fresh perspectives. Some of the current Mods have been here for years (respect), and having a newer set of eyes can be helpful imo.
Why you want to help the community:

As I've said in previous applications, I love this community and I love helping out. The 9-6 grind is draining as hell (spoiler alert to high school and college students), but getting to kick it with you all playing games after a day's work, while also helping maintain our little corner of the internet, is rather fulfilling to me. 

Being Moderator isn't crucial to any of that, but I think it would be a reasonable reflection of the time I've dedicated and experience I've gained as a member of the community and the staff. I've been eager since I joined to lend a hand in maintaining and improving the server and community, and being Mod would give me a few more tools for the job.

Have you been previously banned?: No.

Have you previously applied for staff?: 
    Trusted application
    Test Mod Application

How did you find us?: 
    Server explorer

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for the rank you are applying for?: Yes.

Other:
    As I mentioned in my last application, my experience with staffing can be found in my Trusted Application, linked above.

Thanks for reading :) As always, happy to answer questions or discuss any specifics, either here in this thread or via PMs.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I don't play on TTT that much at this time but working with you has been a lovely experience & without a doubt a easy +1 the work you put into the server says it all.
[Image: i43gHnI.png]
+1

Ryan is always helpful and very knowledge-able. He does A LOT of work behind the scenes and honestly has a boat ton more staff experience then I did when I got Mod.

I personally see no issues with this.
[Image: oWCbLWL.png]
Ryan is active, helpful, takes time to do dev work for the server, and is friendly. He would be a great addition as a Moderator.

Easy +1
Some of the current Mods have been here for years (no respect), and having a newer set of eyes can be helpful. +1
+1 unbiased and not nitpicky, good staff
easy +1, ryan does his job, active all the time, maintains a great attitude, super chill and helpful to others. Certified twizz
[Image: Pwm9lAm.jpeg]
I can't take an L, they just don't exist.
queue more yeat
+1 levelheaded guy
[Image: read.jpg]

+1, good staff, will do good as mod.
I think Chibill summed up my thoughts! +1 to the app as Ryan is a great guy and I don’t think he will have any issue being apart of the green team!
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]