Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Piranhas! Bad Staff Moderator Application
Ingame Name: JustKuono
(Past Names: Lil' Can, Lil Cheese Monster, CheeseMonster, DaddyKuono, Satan Butt Cheese, Nobody)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:204352113

Time Played: 892.81 hours
Edit: Time Played: 926 hours

When First Joined: June 24, 2018

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Mon 4:20 PM - 3:00 AM, Tue 9:00 PM - 3:00 AM, Wed 4:20 PM - 3:00 AM, Thur 2:45 PM - 7:00 AM, Fri 3:00 PM (when I usually wake up) - 10:00 AM available both days of the weekend all day and all night, Sunday I do have to head off at 3:00 AM. CST 

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Moderator

What can you do to help the community?: I am steadily available at night and various times of the day between some classes as I do have breaks between each. I can help ease the load on the other Moderators as they do have lives and are not always available at night for emergencies that Test Moderators and Trusted cannot handle and need help with. I do want to make it easier on all levels of the PH staff as we are stretched thin in places. I want to continue trying to keep the server calm and together as well as making sure the players are following the correct rules and being civil towards each other. I do understand I am rough in certain spots and intend to fix those the best I can and have asked for help from other staff and Donors, ect. it is a work in progress, slow but steady.

Why do you want to help the community?: I have honestly grown to love this community, I did recently take a week off from Garry's Mod in general due to being ill and came back to many friends and new players. I am happy with the friends I have made here and the ones I might make in the future. I want to be able to help other Test Moderators and Trusted more than I currently can and help ease the load on the other Moderators and I want to be able to help more on the Discord. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Yes, one serious ban, no ban request and a few joke bans from other Test Moderators and Moderators on PH and TTT.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): 
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...tion--4989 (Trusted)
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...tion--5334 (Test Moderator #1)
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...pplication (Test Moderator #2)

How did you find us?: I started on another community and bounced back and forth between that community and this one, Dinkleberg's is quite tight knit and have wonderful staff teams. After about a week and a half of playing on Dink's I just kept logging back into the server and playing more. 

Other: I know I do have some rough spots that need to be sanded down and I know I can be a tad harsh at times. I am working currently and each time I am on to fix these issues with current staff and help from all others. I do expect honest answers however. I do understand my time is sometimes small and scattered due to my recent application for TTT because I am trying to learn as much as I can from the staff over there. I have been able to efficiently answer On-Call pings as well as pings from other staff members who require help within 5 to 10 minutes if not less. To combat an issue with my tone of voice I have ultimately decided to lessen my mic use (to nearly not using it at all except when chat is lit up with players typing and my binds get hidden) which has helped immensely and I try to give a sufficient amount of warnings through chat before needing to gag, mute, ect.  I'm really trying to be the best I can be. Also ttt is better :] you can rdm

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
THAT IS IT IMMA RDM U

I spoke with you before you posted you app, so let me go ahead and discuss that part and get it out of the way.
You have a tendency to be harsh or egg things on by nitpicking things that honestly could be left alone and ignored. You are slowly learning what to leave be and what needs to be handled.
You don't realize that you have the tone you use most of the time, until recently. You talked with me about this already, you've decided to lessen mic usage until you can fix that. You're already on your way to being better and you ARE working on how harsh you can be.
Sometimes you're also inconsistent with players. Some you let slide with things others, you crack down. I pointed this out a few weeks ago, and again, this also has been improving a lot.
I'm so proud of you little bean.
If you continue on this path you'll be an amazing moderator. You're already doing everything you can to fix yourself, and YOU ARE GETTING BETTER. Keep up the good work. You're a valued member.
Just try to loosen up some, and learn to pick up the ques of when to handle something, and when to let it slide and you'll be perfect.

+1 on the grounds that you continue to work on this.
Kuono. I'm sorry to say this but I personally disagree with you becoming a Moderator at this point in time. You're too inconsistent as staff. Sometimes you're too lenient and sometimes you're too harsh. Your enforcement of the rules is too all over the place and you have shown me that you have issues handling trolls. You are too aggressive at people who are trolling you specifically and just need to learn to take a step back and watch how you word things.While I know that you're trying to improve on yourself, you're not quite a Moderator. Moderators are supposed to have these qualities already downpat. With that being said, I wish you luck in the future and I hope that you can take these criticisms as constructive.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
 You're still learning to balance between TTT and PH. I've seen you get a bit harsh with trolls, both on TTT and PH. I've also seen you provoke or antagonize trolls after they've stopped. I know you're still learning, which is great and I can see the difference. 

I don't have any other complaints. You're fun to game with,  and it's always a hoot.

Catch you on the Prop Field... and I'll RDM you in TTT ^-^

I'm not going to mention everything everyone else has spoken about so far but just know I do agree with them my main issue with you and the thing I think causes all of your problems is your lack of being able to be mature, I know this might seem a bit hypocritical as I can be quite immature myself however I know when to turn this immaturity off I don't believe you do. I genuinely think you can be a great moderator someday but as of right now I don't think you have the maturity for this position.
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
From the time Kuono had become Test Mod until now , Ive notice JustKuono help a lot during the night with Hackers and ghosters and trolls.

I would like to see her become Moderator for the reason you can always trust her to help with us during the game / This ain't me being to friendly its just me being me

My vote will be a 1+ and if you have no luck with this app Just know u will always have my next 1+ for your next app ( Unless things change )

Keep doing what your doing Kuku and Ill see u on the PH ^_^
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I'm going to have to give a -1 on this because there are times where I've seen you call other players things that staff shouldn't be doing causing a problem later on. Even thought i haven't played with you much i do agree on everyone else about being a little immature and aggressive. There are also times where you bring things over from TTT to PH like punishing them on PH when they did something to you on TTT. You're still a good Test Mod but for Moderator you need to improve a bit more.
[Image: giphy.gif]
+1 for the reason every time I have been on PH with her she has been helpful, and when needed at PH she goes there and she gets the job done. Now, I'm still not too familiar with the PH climate, but I personally don't hold "harsh with trolls" as a negative. If PH's staff guidelines say more leniency from trolls, then I can see how that affects a vote, but coming from the TTT side usually we just yeet trolls/troll groups (permanently for the latter). So, for that reason personally, I'm not going to hold that against her becoming PH mod myself.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
She’s very helpful on the TTT side of things and as dildo said I don’t think her handling trolls the way she does is a problem, unless that of course is against the PH staff guidelines or whatever. But aside from that the few times I have played orophunt she’s very helpful on there, is always on in the late hours of the night when staff are most needed, and does a ton of ban requests. While she may need some time to grow I’m sure she will be able to fix these mistakes that some of you have pointed out by the time of the verdict for this app. +1
Can Kuono be harsh? Yes. Can Kuono handle Moderator...Absolutely.

No one can hold it against her, every staff member has been guilty of it at one point or another. From what I can see she follows protocol, knows the rules, and has found balance between PH and TTT. She is helpful to new players and quick to enforce rules. With that said Dink seems to want the server to be a little more lax and as such if kuono can turn it down to about 8 I think she would make a great mod. +1