Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early?
Ingame Name: David

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:424003048
Discord Tag: David C#0417

Time Played: Approx. 275.5  hours

When First Joined: May 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone):  Usually from 8 P.M.-12 A.M. when I have free time, and weekends. 
Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I would strive to help promote and maintain a fun, positive, and inclusive environment alongside the rest of the staff team. 

Why you want to help the community: Well, my primary reason to want to help the community is because I came back after a hiatus and fell in love with the game again. I think the massive amount of time away and a huge mindset shift really have helped me enjoy not only playing GMOD again, but also other aspects of my life. I'll talk more about this later on in the application.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): yes, none of which were done through requests on the forums. I believe one was for Mass and leave.. and another was a joke for a minute..? I don't think I've been banned more than twice.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts):  Ordered from Newest to Oldest
Discord:
Deathrun:
TTT:

How did you find us?: Discovered this group during the Pandemic

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread):  Yes

Other: 

Okay, so just to come completely clean, I feel as if the main reason why my first tenure as staff went bad was because of two things: 

1. I had a stick up my ass
2. I had a borderline God Complex. 

I won't sugarcoat it; I quite honestly thought I was "God's gift to Leadership" when I first came around, which was why there were issues. A lot of that had to do with immaturity within me on top of being around an outside group of people who I had developed those tendencies with in order to "fit in with them." I feel as if I have eliminated most, if not all of my toxic behaviors since I last regularly played. Yes, I still goof off a little, but I no longer troll or harass players.

After I came back from a hiatus from Gmod, I honestly have to say that I've been slowly pushing myself to trying to be apart of this team again the more I've interacted. It's a nice group; if I were to get accepted, I would do my best to not allow myself to have a "me me me" mentality and blame others, but rather work as team with everyone to help accomplish a similar goal. That of course would be maintaining a positive, inclusive, and overall fun experience on the TTT server. 

I personally feel very strong about doing this, so if I am not accepted here, I will work to improve myself further. 

I think that my  current weakest attribute is availability and activity, as I have been playing again periodically over the span of the past month. The only other thing I could think of being an issue is that the staff/general community currently might not have the best memory of interacting with me, especially talking about how my first tenure and how I mishandled it towards the end. I became a  trolly prick, but as I had stated earlier, I have eliminated most if not all of my petty/toxic traits as an individual.

Thank you for reading, and I appreciate any and all feedback!

Messages In This Thread
Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early? - by David - 10-24-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early? - by bunniey - 10-24-2021, 07:10 PM
RE: Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early? - by Damien - 10-24-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early? - by David - 10-24-2021, 07:56 PM
RE: Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early? - by ratty - 10-24-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early? - by David - 10-27-2021, 08:49 AM
RE: Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early? - by dong - 10-27-2021, 08:52 PM