Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Time for me to Rise! Battons' Mod App
Ingame Name: Battons / Chris Hansen 

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49498579

Time Played: 400.5

When First Joined: March 2018

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Available pretty much anytime post 7PM CST (same as before)

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: TMOD

What can you do to help the community: 
I have a lot of time with the community and I've seen a lot of people come and go in just the few years I have been here. I can provide a strong pillar of support to our fellow staff. As of late I have worked on refining my staffing skills and would like to believe I have become a strong pillar in our community. With that in mind I bring entertainment, fun, and a strong voice to this place of TTT. When other staff members have complicated issues they will refer to me because they trust me and believe that I will help them make the correct decision, or at least back whichever decision they make. I believe it is important to have a staff team that works strongly together so I can bring that even further by being able to take complex matters into my own hands. One long term goal of mine is to become admin and assist in helping the community last as long as it has in the past, and this is my next step in achieving that goal.

Why you want to help the community: 
Call it narcissistic but I feel a great sense of pride in feeling important. What I mean is I value being a strong figure, not only in Garry's mod but in all things I do. I love our player base and throughout my time here have felt the need to try and preserve the gameplay and sense of friendship that this server hosts. 
While not much has changed in my core beliefs to shorten things up I want to help because it makes me feel good to make others have a fun time.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): 
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...addressing

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 

How did you find us?: An old Friend

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes.

Other: 
Approved or not I love our team and the community, I only wish to help in the best ways I can and I would love any criticism.
Also I know ban requests will be brought up, I usually do not fill them out because I am a very busy person and I have ways to suspend people from playing such as karma ban or slaying while relaying the steamID to a mod, not that I dislike ban requests but they take a lot of time and that's hard for someone like me.
For hours I plan on playing more approved or nada so even though they are right at the required amount I do plan on accumulating more. 400 is the minimum though so I figured I'd give this a shot.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Addressing Battons in the Community.
God help us if you get mod.

+1, Battons is a pillar of this community and of our staff team. His engagement in multiple areas of staffing makes him one of our strongest staff members.
He has been very helpful to me as I too make my rise up the staff ranks, and has served in a great mentor role for us newer staff.
While he doesn't have a lot of ban request recently, and did go semi-inactive recently, his vast experience brings him up to the point where the TTT administration team can put their trust in Battons.
He knows how to gather evidence, and especially with the story behind his ban, he will be motivated to back up any action he takes with evidence.
He isn't afraid to disagree/staff the staff, and is one of the fairest rule enforcers I have ever seen, both in Dinks and elsewhere.

I'll admit, I wasn't around for the addressing issue. But I feel that Battons has proved time and time again that he can be trusted with the roles he has obtained on the staff team so far.
It is time for him to take the next step forward into becoming a moderator on the TTT server.

+1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I'm gonna give you a +1:

-I think you'd make an amazing mod.
-You give good advice and help.
+1, I haven't really seen you on too much (I haven't been playing too much recently) but just through general interactions with you, you seem like a great candidate for mod. Also, a little unrelated, but that previous ban link is hilarious. That thread is a shitshow.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Been around the community long enough to be community banned and come back lol. In all seriousness though battons has been a very good staff member for a long time. This includes when he was trusted before his ban. There is no reason he shouldn't be made mod.
Battons! I like Battons.

Battons is good bean, good for the community and I think he would be good for the Mod position. Give this man a RAISE (in rank)
Go away
Battons is on very often and deals with all sorts of issues all the time including RDM, ghosting, mic spam, etc. He has also taken initiative into trying to fix weapons that aren't balanced. He's very active in the discord and always ready to help. I think he can deal with the responsibility of being a mod and help improve the community. +1.
easy +1 for battons he's a great staff member when playing on the server but he's also an important member working outside the server as he pays attention to community problems and I think he's a blatant fit for the moderator position.
Battons,

There is nothing really to say. You deserve this position. You've been around for a while, know the rules, uphold them and help the community. 

Final Vote: +1

Simple textbook promotion if you ask me.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
+1 due to your experience here and how you've been handling stuff as tmod since I joined. So far I can't think of something that would keep me from saying 'yes'