Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trick or Treat... 7 Days Early?
Ingame Name: David

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:424003048
Discord Tag: David C#0417

Time Played: Approx. 275.5  hours

When First Joined: May 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone):  Usually from 8 P.M.-12 A.M. when I have free time, and weekends. 
Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: I would strive to help promote and maintain a fun, positive, and inclusive environment alongside the rest of the staff team. 

Why you want to help the community: Well, my primary reason to want to help the community is because I came back after a hiatus and fell in love with the game again. I think the massive amount of time away and a huge mindset shift really have helped me enjoy not only playing GMOD again, but also other aspects of my life. I'll talk more about this later on in the application.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): yes, none of which were done through requests on the forums. I believe one was for Mass and leave.. and another was a joke for a minute..? I don't think I've been banned more than twice.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts):  Ordered from Newest to Oldest
Discord:
Deathrun:
TTT:

How did you find us?: Discovered this group during the Pandemic

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread):  Yes

Other: 

Okay, so just to come completely clean, I feel as if the main reason why my first tenure as staff went bad was because of two things: 

1. I had a stick up my ass
2. I had a borderline God Complex. 

I won't sugarcoat it; I quite honestly thought I was "God's gift to Leadership" when I first came around, which was why there were issues. A lot of that had to do with immaturity within me on top of being around an outside group of people who I had developed those tendencies with in order to "fit in with them." I feel as if I have eliminated most, if not all of my toxic behaviors since I last regularly played. Yes, I still goof off a little, but I no longer troll or harass players.

After I came back from a hiatus from Gmod, I honestly have to say that I've been slowly pushing myself to trying to be apart of this team again the more I've interacted. It's a nice group; if I were to get accepted, I would do my best to not allow myself to have a "me me me" mentality and blame others, but rather work as team with everyone to help accomplish a similar goal. That of course would be maintaining a positive, inclusive, and overall fun experience on the TTT server. 

I personally feel very strong about doing this, so if I am not accepted here, I will work to improve myself further. 

I think that my  current weakest attribute is availability and activity, as I have been playing again periodically over the span of the past month. The only other thing I could think of being an issue is that the staff/general community currently might not have the best memory of interacting with me, especially talking about how my first tenure and how I mishandled it towards the end. I became a  trolly prick, but as I had stated earlier, I have eliminated most if not all of my petty/toxic traits as an individual.

Thank you for reading, and I appreciate any and all feedback!
huh
wild
basically +1ish but like
relax

getting all cranky that no one looked at your powerpoint and then spending a year talkin about a hivemind was not very cash money of you

Slight amendment: gotta -1 because of activity i just assumed you were around enough based on your former staff status, figured you'd apply with enough time :P
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I have been hanging out with David for around a year now. We started hanging out in a toxic discord server ran by GM Nate and it was an edgy person's paradise. This man has seriously shaped up and changed from the person he used to be.

PROS/

-Formerly Staff/Knows the Rules

-Knows How To Handle Trolls

- Is Fun To Be Around.

CONS/

-Activity Could Be a Bit Better.

-The Whole "-Rep Me" Thing.

For these reasons, I give him David a +0, Good luck on your app man!

My only question is Why now? Especially after going on the forums and doing everything in your power to get massed -1 before.
activity https://imgur.com/a/UZUFoxF  -1 far to little activity
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(10-24-2021, 07:03 PM)David Wrote: *snip*
Let me start this by saying I am biased because of the bad relationship we ended up having, and how, though it is all "left behind", you hurt me a ton at the time and didn't give a shit about it, which left a bad taste in my mouth.

That being said, I have known you for what I will regard as a long enough time to know how you were when you were previously staff, and though I wasn't really as active when you were, the little I saw was fine. Yeah, maybe a bit hot-tempered IMO, but I will give it you and believe this may have changed. 

Do I think you also made bad decisions when leaving and acted like a child? true. But we have seen that already here, it had happened before and will probably continue to happen. And also, you were rational enough to realize gmod wasn't doing it for you anymore and quit.

I should remain neutral given the nature of our non existant relationship and past, but I think that, bias or not, you haven't been back long enough (in game) to get trusted. I will give it to you, you didn't go MIA and just came back, you stayed active *ish* here and on the discord.
(10-24-2021, 07:31 PM)LemonWitch Wrote: *snip*

First off Lemon, thank you for your honesty and feedback. 

I entirely understand what you're saying. I'm not going to defend how you and I used to interact in the past because it was entirely inexcusable and pathetic on my part. I can completely understand why you have your stance, and  respect it entirely. I don't really know what else to say about that other than although I didn't give a shit then, when I started to play again I remembered these kinds of negative things I did and I regret it. What I will say is that I have eliminated this petty, childish behavior and although I still am a little hot-tempered at times, I have made better efforts to keep it under control. 

Second, I'd like to respond to what Rand had to say next.

Yeah, that entire bit was my very terrible way of coping with COVID. That attitude I had was also a horrible approach to everything, and I'm not going to defend it. It was inexcusable, and if that bars me from gaining the overall community's respect or trust, I can completely understand that. That entire spiel was me having a stick shoved up my ass and allowing emotions and bitterness to get the better of me. Also I was being a blatant attention whore by trolling, as I'm sure most of you who had to put up with me doing that obviously picked up on. I apologize immensely for all of these things I have done. I know my words aren't much but I will try to prove it with my actions as well.

Damien, what I was going to say in response to you was also in ties with what I said to Rand; I mostly was being a desperate attention whore to get my mind off the stress of dealing with COVID and school. IT's not excusable behavior, but I'd rather just be completely honest rather than try and deflect or deny things. Now that life has SOMEWHAT returned to normal where I'm at, my mental health is substantially better in all aspects.

Most of you had to interact with me when I was at my worst, which is exactly why I understand if a negative image is in your head when you think of me. Again, I appreciate all of your feedback and honesty. I respect everything that has been said, as it is all accurate.
play more and come back in a month, got nothing against you otherwise

-1, maybe we play at different times but I simply don't see you on the server enough to know if your attitude has changed.
Thank you all for your feedback. I was expecting this to be denied but I wanted to “test the waters” per say to see if it could even be possible. Of course, the only way I show I’m serious is if I play and show that I’m not the same arrogant asshole from a year ago. My availability has been shit due to college so I definitely rushed to pull the trigger on this, but my curiosity got the better of me.

Admins, You can close this thread at your earliest convenience. Again, thank you all for your time and I respect your honesty. I’ll be more active once my college semester dies down, so hopefully I can prove myself worthy later in the year.

Have a good day, and I’ll hopefully see most of you’ll on TTT soon. Thank you.
I'd like to see you on more.