Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A possum applies for admin
Ingame Name: Unfortunatepossum

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:521089793

Time Played: 696.9 hours (noice)

When First Joined: November 10th 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Any time after 3:30pm M-F now that I don't have classes to teach during the summer. Weekends also have availability

Rank Desired: Admin 

Current Rank: Moderator 

What can you do to help the community?: I would say that my greatest strength for this position is that I know how to take a beating. From watching past and current admins and listening to them and witnessing what they've had to go through, it's not all fun and games. Admins rarely get to have the fun that is what this game is about. I believe I can take whatever is thrown at me. Being a female on the internet I have been called and threatened with everything under the sun, and after all of that it doesn’t affect me anymore.

I know that most of you will have seen what fish has said about me in the other apps, that I  on occasion cannot be a people person. That is something that I honestly have worked on and I personally believe have improved on. I used to give the same energy that I received from trolls and others in server and on the Discord. I wouldn’t suffer fools half the time, but I believe that I have grown from that for the most part. I still haven’t lost my sass.

Now I will say I am not the professional that fish was or the super kind person that pixie was as admin but I believe that I can be here to help, to fix things, and take all of the trash that comes with being admin.

My community involvement has never lessened since I joined, I try to be very active on Discord and I’ve even been know to trip into TTT on occasion (even though I have no idea what I’m doing there) and even onto Murder a couple of times. It's fun to be able to interact with other staff and players from our sister servers.

I would like to acknowledge  that one I think my biggest weaknesses would be that I don't have the computer savviness that some of you do but I pride myself on being able to learn quickly and be able to learn enough to have a quick turnaround and be able to teach it to others. This is something that I have to do in my real-life job so I’m very used to it.

Why do you want to help the community?: [b] [/b]I have been here since 2019 and being one of the most senior PH staff now that a lot of us recently retired I've been through a lot and I've seen some stuff. When I started staffing, I came in with a rather large crew and that was when we had an abundance of staff members. Since then, every single one of them has either left by choice or not by choice. I have been witness to a lot of difficult and trying things and I'm still here and I think that I can use those experiences to help with any possible problem in the future. Even with those friends and acquaintances gone I want to still help this community because it is something that has always been there for me. This community is only as strong as its staff members and its players so I want to be able to help both as much as I can.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Nope

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Yep. All have been approved.

Mod https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=13697
Tmod (still feel sorry for fish with this one) https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=12133
Trusted https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=11081

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes. I use OBS and Screen Snip

How did you find us?: It was the only server that loaded in when I first joined.

Other: Now, I know that not everybody likes me and I don't believe that should ever be a requirement here or in life in general. No one is required to like everyone. I know for some of you I’m coming in with this app out of the blue ( and some of you not so much) I will always appreciate constructive critiques and criticisms. I would love to hear them here if you're comfortable if not please feel free to DM me at any time. 

I also am aware that I can still be quite sassy but I am also very aware that this is an online video game and I am well aware that there are some portions where we need to be 100% serious and professional but for the most part, I don't see my sassiness as a problem but I leave that up to all of you.

I am fully open to there being more than one admin for prop hunt and my staff relationship with Chelllman and Ryzif has never had problems with communicating, debating, or discussing anything so I think we’d make a pretty alright admin team if we were all chosen. 

Dinks has been one of the top Prop Hunt servers for almost the past year so building up that portion of our staff is necessary because I hope that we will be getting an influx of applications for new staff and I hope that our server continues on as it has because of the community that we've built here.

Thank you.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Out of the three applicants you’re the one I have the most experience with. Taking into account the time you’ve spent as staff, your general attitude, how you have handled things on server.. I believe that you’d be a good fit for admin. If all three of you are accepted I think PH would be in good hands. Always helps to have an older head on a team of youngin admins. Good luck with this application.

Easy +1 from me
I was looking forward to this app! 

Assuming we're going with 2 Admin slots that need to get filled (I don't know if there will be 3, I'm not knowledgeable in that history of PH), 

Out of the three gunning for it, you by far have the most experience in the Dink's staff community; you've been around since AT Least when I got here back in May 2020, and I feel that you are a very well-known person in the PH community IF NOT the most well-known. 

The thing that makes this difficult is I believe all 3 of you can be successful admins, so if we are going for two spots, I don't know who should work with who, or what should happen. 

Regardless, I think you are someone who if was given the position of admin, would do a fantastic job of maintaining the good times. You are someone who can take the heat as you said. 

I give you my support on this app, and I am excited to see how this all turns out. 

Best of luck to you!
+1 possum would make the perfect triforce of ph admoms right now. I seriously hope dink instate all three of yall thay have applied, I know you will all do great!
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I don't even play prophunt but this application was VERY well rounded and written, it's very clear the effort that was put behind this. Based on everything dong and salty have said, along with the fact that you've been in dinks for at least 3 years, easy +1.
Hey there it is! East +1 for me.

You're without question our most experienced mod, and one of the most level-headed people I've known in this community. There isn't any question at all that you would be fit to be an admin. I think it was only a matter of time for you and I'm happy the time has come! Best of luck, possum!

Fellow old people for Admin 2022. :D
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
Hi, I'm here to push the possum fk the app. Jk this is easy +1 from me!

She's without question the most experienced mod. I have no question in my head that possum will do good as admin!

Also, Dink if you're reading this. the #1 ranked PH server need at least 2-3 active admins.I hope all of them get's it
I won't copy and paste the full DM message between Battons and myself and just post the part that concerned Possum. If you want to read the full, you can look at the other two admin applications.

Possum would have the most experience in this community, she knows when to ask questions, is relatively active on the server as well as the discords not so much on forums but there hasn't been much going on that would concern her. She would be able to face the tough times to come however I believe she would need help with the tougher decisions and I think she is not exactly the biggest people person towards all individuals. However, that could be beneficial depending on what situation she has to face.

To touch on what I said with Possum not being the biggest people person, this should be expanded upon just a bit. With her not being the biggest people person, it can make it easier to handle community situations as well as approach issues with a lesser chance of personal bias or what can be perceived as a bias. Those are two good benefits to have when becoming an admin along with being active in the community and being the most experienced PH Moderator. Possum should be able to handle the duties of admin.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
+1

I for one welcome all three of my new overlords
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
I can agree with what most has said, possum is more then qualified for the Admin position, and i think the same for Chell and Ryzif as well.

Best of luck to all! +1
[Image: titan.gif]