Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait, another one?!
In-game Name: August

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:55682290

Time Played: 256 hours as of posting.

When First Joined: First appeared on PH in May 2018. Became active on Murder in December 2019. Active on PH sometime after that, don't exactly remember when.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Any day, mostly after 3pm EST due to work.

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Mod

What can you do to help the community?: I've been playing PH for pretty much an entire decade at this point. I've helped a multitude of PH communities and servers in some capacity. I know how to spot hackers and ghosters and recognize behavior that shows they are getting a little extra help. I also have no problem maintaining order among chaos and handle the people who would rather see the server crumble for their own twisted version of fun.

Why do you want to help the community?: I enjoy this place, and the friends I made in it. I want to make sure this place thrives so that people can gain the experiences I did over the years. I want people to be able to have a safe place to escape, and to make friends and have memories that can stick with them for years to come.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Joke bans, joke bans everywhere!

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): 
Murder Admin Pending...
Murder Mod Accepted
Murder T-Mod Accepted
Murder Trusted Accepted

PH Trusted Accepted
PH T-Mod Accepted

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? OBS and Shadowplay.

How did you find us?: After Sona crumbled, I came here. I became active the following year.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
A big fricking -1 for now, I'll detail my reasonings below. 

I'm just kidding lol. Let me actually go over my personal positives and negatives towards you.

Positives: 
  • You know the rules very well. This is critical for becoming a Moderator. As Moderator you are able to permaban for various things, finish ban requests, etc. I see no issue with you knowing each and every Prop Hunt rule in and out. 
  • You already are Moderator on another Dinkleberg server. You know what the role is as Moderator and what responsibilities it holds.
  • You stop shit pretty quickly, even though I beat you dishing out punishments 50/50 old man : P.
  • You are pretty active. You hop on the server a bunch recently, in the Discord a lot, active staff is nice.
Negatives:
  • Not a lot of ban requests for PH imo. You only have 1 ban request from the time you got PH T-Mod till present. I know you can spot hackers, ghosters, frequent rule breakers, and various other things though. If I were an Admin I would expect some more coming from T-Mod to Moderator. The requirement for PH Moderator is "15+ forum posts", while you have 27. I would like to see more personally, ban requests in particular.
  • A few Discord mistakes. I am guilty of this too, but with Moderator you're stepping up, and mistakes should be seldom to none. I can personally go over this with you if you would like to the mistakes I've seen.
  • Lack of leadership quality (for now). This is tough to write, but Moderator is a leadership position and I haven't really seen you step up to help new staff members and or potentially staff members. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen it. I know you have it in you, but I just haven't seen it. 
conclusion:
Honestly this is super fucking hard to say, but it's a ±0 for now, but leaning very heavily on a future +1 . With some time you can iron out the very few mistakes you make here and there, lead existing/new staff members with some training. I just think it's just a little too soon after getting PH T-Mod to step up to Moderator. Give it another month to a couple months to show he has leadership abilities in PH, it would be a FAT +1. I would also like to know what separates you from the other T-Mods and why you deserve Moderator. Your application was a little short to my liking too, some greater detail I would like to see on a Moderator application i.e. (as just previously said, what separates you from the other T-mods, why do you deserve Moderator, what would you do differently as Moderator, etc. You are a very VERY good T-Mod, but I would like to see some of the very fine and I mean very fine details worked on and a application in a little greater detail.  

Good luck man, while these are just my personal opinions, I would absolutely love to see you become a Moderator in the future! I just would want to see a little more from you.
???????? ??????
I do not see a reason to -1 this
Whenever he is on he does an incredible job staffing ph, and is incredible at staffing murder as well.
Also, the forum post thing is stupid, seeing as possum (an admin) has 16.
While it is a different server, he is very helpful and constantly helps new staff in murder.
[Image: image.png]
(05-17-2023, 06:51 PM)August Wrote: Everyone is on a level playing field with me (except for Carson)

This man's wisdom goes beyond what most others have.
Easy +1

Serious answer is that my only concerns are as to your availability given your pending application for murder admin. While I don't feel that is a good reason to reject the promotion, I hope you are realistic with your time delegation to PH vs Murder, as reviving murder would likely take much of your time.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
He is a fantastic murder moderator I’m sure he’ll do a great job in ph too +1
+1 you'd do well in this position considering your experience
Since he is also concurrently in the running for potential candidates for Murder admin, I really cant concieve of a better mod candidate.

+1, godspeed august
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
+1 for August. He knows the rules very well and knows how to keep it family friendly.
[Image: EtVvJkX.jpeg][Image: nvOLgbD.jpeg]
I hate it here. | 알았어 | Anak ng kamote
Find my elsewhere by clicking here!
August is a wise old man who know the rules of the game and is really good at staffing. Don't see why he should be rejected.

+1 from the bird
IM THE BIRD : )
[Image: fce0cd09fdc96ca73df8963eeac3f694.jpg]
August knows how to deal with all sorts of stuff, Making him a mod would be an awesome idea +1
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]