Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
ThePhoenix Community Ban
Today I'd like to inform everyone of the outcome of a discussion that the entire Admin Team has held over the past week.
For the past month, there has been an individual, known to many as ThePhoenix, who has represented the worst aspects of our community.

Short and to the point the behavior we witnessed was completely unacceptable from any community member. On the TTT side of things, really opened our eyes to how lenient our current punishment system is for enabling those behaviors.

After a unanimous vote of all active community admins, ThePhoenix is hereby Community Banned due to Toxicity, Trolling, and Harassment of our community. A community ban has three significant aspects:
- The person will be banned from ALL servers - TTT, PH, Murder, and DR.
- The person will be banned from ALL communication platforms - the discord, and the forums.
- The person has NO means of appeal - this removal from the community is permanent and unappealable.

The ban was issued due to Toxicity, Trolling, and Harassment. While sexual harassment did occur, and was detailed to some degree in recent threads on the subject, the evidence provided did not show clear and concise evidence of pedophilic grooming. What was shown was sexual harassment of individuals under the age of 18. 
These are NOT one and the same - and accusing one person of a crime to the magntiude of pedophilia without complete, verified evidence can legally amount to slander.
As such, we did not immediately ban for pedophilia. The admin team did not have all of the evidence relating to sexual harassment until Thursday, November 4th. Even with the evidence we did have, it did not amount to the crime of pedophilia - only of sexual harassment.
It should be noted that we are not “defending” pedophiles. 

Fish and I have been at the forefront of a multi-community effort to rid the greater GMod community of those preying on children for much of this past year. To claim that Fish, having banned hundreds of CP guy alts, is defending pedophiles is at best ignorant, and insulting, of the hundreds of hours Fish has lost to stop a random asshole from causing IRL harm to minors.

That being said, the toxicity and harassment conducted by ThePhoenix over the past 3 years, as outlined below, go well beyond the average troll. His actions and attitude have been horrific, and are most justified in utilizing the Community Ban punishment.

A big thank you to @Jammin for compiling all of the evidence that led to our decision. A summary of ThePhoenix’s (abbreviated as TP's) history is shown below. Some evidence is redacted for privacy (e.g. was from staff chat), but will be verbally summarized:

Section A: TTT Ban History
Toxicity, Targeting, & Arguing with staff/players
Date: 04 January 2019
Length: 7 days
Ban issued by: Queef Commando
Evidence: TP’s report responses indicate toxicity and targeting efforts against victim 
link
Redacted Evidence: TP was recorded by staff as intending to target the victim in this case
Toxicity, Targeting, & “crying about women”

Date: 14 January 2019
Length: 7 days
Evidence: TP made THIS thread the day before, complaining about perceived issues with the ruleset. 
link
Redacted Evidence: TP entered the server and complained to all active staff about “false ban” and “fucking bitches”
Toxicity & Ban Evasion

Date: 14 January 2019
Length: Permanent
Evidence: No evidence of evasion was recorded in staff discord, though this thread was made after the fact 
link
Redacted Evidence: No evidence of the alt evasion found, though TP admits to this in future forum threads. Noting here that Hani had discovered the alt evasion.
Toxicity & Ban Evasion (reduction)

Date: 21 October 2020
Length: 1 month
Ban issued by: Mana
Evidence: TP made this unban thread to argue his case. Here he admits to active ban evasion, though not admitting to evading in 2019. 
link 
Redacted Evidence: Discussions in staff chat made it clear that his story seemed fishy with regards to “not remembering that he was banned.”
Consistent RDM & Karma Baiting

Date: 17 October 2021
Length: 3 days
Ban issued by: Kizzy
Evidence: None found in staff discord, though this video provided in Rand’s ban request shows an example of TP’s karma baiting
video
Redacted Evidence: None
Inappropriate Name

Date: 28 October 2021
Time: 1 day
Ban issued by: Two Rats
Evidence: The ban card make it clear. 
link
Redacted Evidence: Ample opportunity was given for TP to change his name, but TP refused to do so.
Trolling, Flaming Harassment

Date: 01 November 2021
Length: 10 days
Ban issued by: Battons
Evidence: As we all know, NotRand (bunniey) made a detailed thread here. 
link
Redacted Evidence: Significant amount of discussion occurred, but this was treated strictly under the guidelines at the time. Evidence regarding sexual harassment, etc, was not available at the time, so the admins handled it as harassment only.
Toxicity, Flaming, Harassment, Other Content not posting here

Date: 02 November 2021
Length: Permanent
Ban issued by: Battons
Evidence: NotRand made a follow-up thread providing more evidence here, which prompted the upgraded punishment.
link
Redacted Evidence: Will be discussed below

Section B: Evidence of Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment of Shaye
video
video
Sexual harassment of TTT Staff Members
Directed to Minime and Quantum 
link
video
The “Jailbait” comment:
video

Sexual Harassment of “Morgan Doe,” a community member under the age of 18
Sexual Harassment in report 
link
Sexual Harassment in steam DM’s 
link
This member has been harassed in two videos given to upper staff - these are not being shared to protect the victim’s privacy. The harassment involved was similar to the two links above.
Sexual Harassment of NotRand in discord
This is the basis of his current discord permaban, the “bunniey_rapes_me.mp4” 
video

Section C: Evidence of Other Harassment
Harassment of Shaye
Harassment in TTT:
video
Harassment, “keep yourself safe” video:
video
Harassment of JesseTheUndeadCowboy
Harassment in discord 
link
Harassment in discord 
link
Harassment of Hani
Hani was Ghost-Pinged by TP, whom is someone she was involved in banning in 2019 
link
Section D: Evidence of Toxicity
Burning the bridges: “The Hypocrites of TTT” 
link
video
Consistent complaints of minor gameplay issues, with the INTENT to stir up drama and “prove some kind of point”
Complains about minor trolling in form of a “Suggestion” in 2019
link
Complains about an admin handling a situation, skewing context to cut out the part where admin actually handled situation 
link
Creates a ban request for a minor exploit, demans a ban when a warning was warranted. Again, intent was to stir up drama. 
link

I will not share any DM’s, but multiple admins received a flurry of evidence from TP complaining about various slights. My DM’s included out-of-context evidence/complaints of:
Harassment (which was one of the above victims defending themselves)
Staff abuse (for temporarily applying incorrect slay, which was removed)
Micspam (after I had issued a gag * due to significant yelling at map vote)
Staff abuse/Staff bias for false slay (it wasn’t staff bias, it was an honest mistake involving door blocking)
Claiming to have 100 GB of video to have to go through and edit

Inciting drama in discord 
link
In general, all of his threads/posts on the forums steered multiple forum threads towards arguing and drama. The threads are summarized below:
“Suggestion” to complain about minor trolling (2019) 
link
“Suggestion” to complain about his ban for ban evasion (2019) 
link
Unban request for permaban (2020) 
link
“Suggestion” to complain about barrel spam on Richland 
link
“Ban Request” on Crab Nickelson to complain about barrel spam on Richland 
link
“Hypocrites of GMod TTT” to complain about current bans, made entire video to “shame” the community, thus burning the bridges/destrying any good faith 
link

We sincerely appreciate everybody's patience while we all worked diligantly the past few days to organize and build this response. We hope that by removing this individual we will be leading Dinkleberg's towards a better future. Thank you.
P.S. don't shitpost here we want this thread open to discussion not idiocracy.
Wait I've banned him before?
I have zero recollection of this.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
+rep (not a shitpost, I like this post!)
former admin2
+rep very well put together post
Thank you, and the rest of the admins, for the continued support and hard work being done behind the scenes and over the last couple days on this matter, it is highly appreciated. +rep
You guys handled things great. Well done!!
A huge thank you to the community admins for ridding us of this guy. An awful situation to be in, and I hope that going forward this post right here makes it cut and dry that we don't tolerate this kind of behavior. It's unfortunate that it caused a dumb ton of drama and slandering to get here, but in the end, i think we can all agree that He needed to go. Hopefully, everyone involved can be forgiven in perpetuating his punishment.

Once again, thank you for protecting the community and keeping our minor players safe.

(+1 rep)
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
We appreciate y’all explaining this and taking care of this issue. Thank you all so much.
Can we purge the rest of every member now? Not a shitpost I promise.

I’ve obviously not been active in the community for quite some time, but it seems it’s still as toxic as it was. I see we’re trying to cull it to an extent, so are there going to be community rule changes when it comes to enforcing true toxicity, no matter who the community member is, how long they’ve been here, and their standing with hierarchy?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Thank god. I wish I could give a bigger sign of appreciation but sadly this is all I can do for now so… pretend this is a good sign of appreciation. All of you admins work hard and I’m sorry that you need to deal with bad stuff. Hav gud day.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3