Dinkleberg's GMod
Mod App Take 2 - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: TTT Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+----- Forum: Approved (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+----- Thread: Mod App Take 2 (/showthread.php?tid=13048)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mod App Take 2 - dero - 11-14-2020

Ingame Name: derp derp spooky thederpgamer

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:97214075

Time Played: too many hours

When First Joined: a long time ago

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): any time after 4

Rank Desired: Mod

Current Rank: Tmod

What can you do to help the community: I was mod for bout a year without any outstanding issues and want to continue that legacy. I can also finally ban laced for scripting.

Why you want to help the community: I still love this community despite all the drama going on between staff and players. And its a lot more fun to play the game without having someone rdming every round and nobody on to handle it.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): nope

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts):

How did you find us?: dont remember

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): yesss

other:

@"NotRand" the bloke that I've been on this staffing journey with for a few months now, more or less the reason I decided to actually fully become staff, which I think was a good move for me all-in-all. love you rand
@"Jhindiana Jones"  fuck you
@dong <3
gotta leave that last one to guarantee mod

RE: Mod App Take 2 - bunniey - 11-14-2020

Obviously I'll +1, has the experience, and has the love of the server needed. Easy +1

RE: Mod App Take 2 - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 11-14-2020

You been mod before so you will most likely be able to handle it again. You have handle reports well so 1+. Keep up the good work.

RE: Mod App Take 2 - Captain Price WoGs - 11-14-2020

+1 he helps out a lot so give him the rank please

RE: Mod App Take 2 - Salty - 11-14-2020

You state the issue of there being drama/disconnect between the staff and players, but at no point make any statement on how you would attempt to fix that.  This bring a concern to me: are you just going to pretend it isn't there, or do you have an idea of how to fix this said issue? I just feel as if this implies that the issue is coming from one side rather than it being an issue on both fronts. You might not be meaning it to come across that way, but when I see that kind of statement, I make the inference you're implying that it's an issue from the regulars. 

+0. 

Best of Luck on your application.

RE: Mod App Take 2 - Damien - 11-14-2020

+1 I've seen derp staff on the server a few times and he is really unbiased and fair. I believe he'd make a great moderator.

RE: Mod App Take 2 - dero - 11-14-2020

(11-14-2020, 08:11 PM)Salty Wrote: You state the issue of there being drama/disconnect between the staff and players, but at no point make any statement on how you would attempt to fix that.  This bring a concern to me: are you just going to pretend it isn't there, or do you have an idea of how to fix this said issue? I just feel as if this implies that the issue is coming from one side rather than it being an issue on both fronts. You might not be meaning it to come across that way, but when I see that kind of statement, I make the inference you're implying that it's an issue from the regulars. 

+0. 

I wont lie; I have no clue how to fix the disconnect between staff and players. The best I can hope for is for everyone to drop their beef with each other but I honestly don't think that will happen any time soon. The best I can do to help the situation is try and be as friendly and approachable as possible to players and staff. You are right, this is an issue on both sides. Staff have just as many problems with the players as the players do with staff. I don't believe there is anything I can do alone to truly relieve the situation.

Hope that answered any questions/concerns

RE: Mod App Take 2 - Jammin - 11-14-2020

Easy +1
Derp is a very competant staff member who is ready to handle ban requests. He knows the rules, he knows his stuff, he has done this before, and i have seen nothing concerning me that would cause me to doubt his abilities moving forward.
Derp reached out to me once I joined the staff offering to train me on handling reports and awarn - an offer I plan to take him up on once I get my ranking in-server. This wasn't a necessary thing he had to do, but he decided he wanted to help. That is a moderator-level show of maturity, helping the newer staff along.

RE: Mod App Take 2 - GM Nate - 11-14-2020

(11-14-2020, 08:11 PM)Salty Wrote: You state the issue of there being drama/disconnect between the staff and players, but at no point make any statement on how you would attempt to fix that.  This bring a concern to me: are you just going to pretend it isn't there, or do you have an idea of how to fix this said issue? I just feel as if this implies that the issue is coming from one side rather than it being an issue on both fronts. You might not be meaning it to come across that way, but when I see that kind of statement, I make the inference you're implying that it's an issue from the regulars. 

+0. 

How to close the gap between staff and players: Appoint responsible people who play regularly to staff. It's really that simple. +1 obviously

RE: Mod App Take 2 - dong - 11-14-2020

Don’t tag me in an app ever again